Old October 31, 2001, 22:27   #1
NakaNaka
Settler

Local Time: 10:41
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Need Help
I don't know what I am doing wrong. I used to be a great Civ II player but in Civ III I keep getting killed. I think it's really science thats hurting me. I increase my science but then I start to lose money and fast. How can I have a high science plus gain money.

It seems I am also losing a lot of money on corruption. How can I prevent that?
Old October 31, 2001, 23:56   #2
ixnay
Civilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Lux InvictaPtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 Cake or Death?C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsAge of Nations Team
Emperor

Local Time: 09:41
Local Date: October 31, 2010
I was having your same problem - I was constantly behind in tech and couldn't raise my science without going broke. I was the last one into the middle ages, but I managed to catch up by focusing on one branch in the tree and trading advances. In this game with 16 civs, if I got an advance no one had, I would shop it around to see what they would give for it. I managed to get almost 100 gold per turn from all of the civs combined, which allowed me to set my science higher and take the lead in the tech race. This happens to be the most peaceful game of civ i've ever played, as it is around 1600 and there have been a total of 2 wars in the entire history.