Old November 1, 2001, 09:20   #1
Civ Dave
Chieftain

Local Time: 10:44
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Comments and Question
Hey all
I just bought the same on Tuesday, and I can say so far its kick ass.
I actually ABSORBED an Aztec city that was near my land, cause my culture is through the roof. No more bribery for me!
I also liked how the computer accepted trade offers, and when I turned down his offers (like give him map making to keep him happy, when my military is greater? I don't think so ) he doesn't automatically declare war, he just says something to the affect of "I thought you might disagree with that, what would you suggest?"

the AI also is better at founding cities. if I was to invade the enemy, I would get many useful cities, instead of having to kill half like I did in CTP

I just had a quick question about movement.... I found that when you move, if you have ANY move points left, you can move to any square (ie, a worker with 1/3 of a movement point can still move onto a mountain) anyone else find that?

I also found that the enemy is quick to try and block you in. They built their cities all around mine, so I'm isolated on the coast. Fortunately, my smallest city is 14, and their biggest is 5
Another few advances, and their cities around me will become my cities (by diplomacy or war )

so anyways, to all you nay-sayers out there, this game is one of the, if not the best game in the civ series. Fixing a few minor bugs and allowing MP would make it THE best