Old November 2, 2001, 08:22   #1
aaglo
King

Local Time: 18:50
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Alien game
Hi folks!

I'm just wondering, does people usually play Single player games as an alien? I've never done it. Until now. And I'm finding it very interesting. Planet: Large, 50-70% ocean, dry, average fungus, Thinker level.

Now I'm the caretacers. The first very strange thing happened on fifth turn: I eradicated the usupers! They landed right beside me. I sure was lucky, that he sent all of his units (scouts, pods and that battle-ogre) to away from my direction. Now THAT was a piece of cake

I'm just wondering how that could have happened?

And the usage of nerve gas against everybody else just kicks butt. It is strange that nobody uses it against me.

I'm way ahead in pretty much everything against pirates, fungboy and drones (datatech and cyborgs are bye-bye). I just can't wait to see my subspace beacon to call "reinforcements"... I just want to see what happens (I've never seen them built).

Peace...
Old November 2, 2001, 11:18   #2
fluffy
Warlord

Local Time: 15:50
I think the consensus is that the aliens get too many advantages to make them much fun to play. It can also be frustrating to have no trade and to have no access to council decisions!

however, rolling that ogre up to some unsuspecting human is still fun....

Last edited by fluffy; November 2, 2001 at 11:26.
Old November 2, 2001, 12:57   #3
Flubber
Alpha Centauri PBEMACDG PeaceAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Local Time: 09:50
I played each of the aliens ONCE in SP just to see how it went. very easy victories was the result but I did it to see the " ET Phone Home" victory. There is a short movie as a reward.
Old November 2, 2001, 14:52   #4
yavoon
Warlord

personally I'd just go into the cd rom and watch the movie in quicktime instead of actually playing the game out
Old November 2, 2001, 17:44   #5
Method
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

Local Time: 12:50
i just finished an alien game, but it was custom faction so there were no caretaker/usurpers to worry about. it was bree +3 planet -2 growth +1 nut +2 mins fungus squares sea faction. thinker level average fungus medium sea coverage. most points even got in a game. i "phoned home" in the 2350's or someting. it was like 490% or so. fungus production is awsome. after manifold harmonics, fungus was producing 4-4-4. only problem was that after the global warming warning, i was no where near advanced spaceflight and when i got it i gave it to aki (pactmate) so she would launch a shade. no luck . i ended up conquering all but one lousy morgan base that i spared just so i could wait 3 turns and get an extra 1000 points for phoning home. green/cyber makes +7 planet! wave psi choppers are unstoppable! +70% planet +50% dream twister +50% elite and no trance! mwahahahaha!
Old November 2, 2001, 17:49   #6
Lefty Scaevola
lifer
Emperor

Local Time: 10:50
I tried a game with my one Usurper against 6 Caretaker factions, but it was too easy: all the Caretaker were at war with each other.
Old November 2, 2001, 20:28   #7
Drone Riot
Settler

Re: Alien game
Quote:
Originally posted by aaglo
Hi folks!

I'm just wondering, does people usually play Single player games as an alien? I've never done it. Until now. And I'm finding it very interesting. Planet: Large, 50-70% ocean, dry, average fungus, Thinker level.

Now I'm the caretacers. The first very strange thing happened on fifth turn: I eradicated the usupers! They landed right beside me. I sure was lucky, that he sent all of his units (scouts, pods and that battle-ogre) to away from my direction. Now THAT was a piece of cake

I'm just wondering how that could have happened?

And the usage of nerve gas against everybody else just kicks butt. It is strange that nobody uses it against me.

I'm way ahead in pretty much everything against pirates, fungboy and drones (datatech and cyborgs are bye-bye). I just can't wait to see my subspace beacon to call "reinforcements"... I just want to see what happens (I've never seen them built).

Peace...
I beleive b4 anyone can speak to you, or trade infact, you need to research progenitor psych. - imo aliens dont have that much over humans, the way energy is amassed is not simply solar collectors, its based on city improvements.

hope it helps.
Old November 3, 2001, 17:35   #8
Kassiopeia
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 18:50
The aliens are much too easy to play with. I have played two games, a Transcendance victory with the Usurpers and the Resonator victory with the Caretakers.
The diplomatic effect is interesting - the latter game I found myself stranded of allies, and with the Human Council melting the polar caps
It's quite stupid to allow the humans to launch all sorts of thingies to space without Alien consent. Shouldn't they have some weapons or like to take the shade out? Or couldn't they use military force to intercept and destroy the ice cap melters?