Old November 2, 2001, 15:40   #1
MonarchyMajor
Chieftain

Local Time: 15:51
Local Date: October 31, 2010
MOnarchy VS republicanism
I think we all like to know which is better, but the fact is they both got there weakness's and strenghts. THe problem that I have is everytime I choose republicism I go into a slump. I am currently in the middle ages on second level(difficulty) 1-2 place int he game out of 11 civs or so and I cannot get my technology moving! also I cnanot make any money! inless i take away all research fundung. This was right wshen I came out of the golden age! It just killed me! How in heck would one recover!??

Monarchy, man the reason I don't go for it is I had to get litature( amust for great libary) so It was out of the pathway and I got republicism lot earlier then monarchy.

SO how has monarchy worked out for you all?

I currenly have a LOT of citys. I am Bab's(science and religion .. works very well!)
Old November 2, 2001, 16:02   #2
BLackraven42
Chieftain

Local Time: 10:51
I keep despotism until communism. Then my money shoots up along with production.

An old saying goes "For every language a man knows, he is that many times a man"
Therefore, George Bush is half a man.
Old November 2, 2001, 17:18   #3
Acemo
Civilization III Multiplayer
Warlord

Local Time: 10:51
I have used Monarchy with decent results. One thing I have noticed, it seems to be beneficial to check your science/taxes distribution frequently and not just leae it at the default settings.
Monarchy seems to have cut down corruption a little, but I'm still trying to figure out how much.