Old November 2, 2001, 19:04   #1
mrbilll
Chieftain

Local Time: 08:52
Local Date: October 31, 2010
still trying to figure it out.
I finally figured out about the tiny little marks that indicate multiple units. but the rest of my grumbles still stand.

other rants-

Why, WHY do you have to modify the .ini file to change the resolution? What's wrong with a little preferences option?

What are the prerequisites to upgrade? I read it somewhere, but now I can't find anything, anywhere about HOW to upgrade, beyond (duh) press the U button.

Also, what's up with the city governors? I've set all the cities to my preferences, among other things specifically forbidding the auto construction of any units. But the AI keeps shoving catapults down my throat unless I catch them at it. I've gotten several unwanted catapults this way.

What's up with my rival flooding my territory with workers? France is agreeing to pull out every time I threaten them, but they don't, and I never get the option to threaten them with war. I either tolerate these AI lemmings running all over, or get into an undeclared war. And if I DO declare war, the first thing I do is sweep up about 10 or 12 "free" workers. This is incredibly stupid in an otherwise very competent AI.

Don't feel bad about starting on a lower level, Paiktis. I haven't played at this low a level since I was learning the ropes on Civ I. This AI is the most aggresive and challenging I've seen in this style of game, and mostly, that's a complement. But it still does some cheesy things.
Old November 2, 2001, 19:05   #2
mrbilll
Chieftain

Local Time: 08:52
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Started a new thread by mistake. Sorry.