Old November 2, 2001, 19:06   #1
Rasbelin
Emperor

Local Time: 17:52
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Take action for Civ III LE!
Take part in the campaign for a worldwide Civ III LE
release and the removal of the LE shipment restriction.
Join the Bisquit Tin Coalition at Ape Forums!

http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...threadid=31348
Old November 2, 2001, 19:50   #2
SixArmedMan
Prince

Local Time: 11:52
Why would you wanna' pay extra money for a tin box with a game logo and a shoddy tech poster? Unless you have money to blow... but that's your prerogative I guess.
Old November 2, 2001, 21:56   #3
Admiral PJ
PtWDG Lux Invicta
Prince

Local Time: 15:52
Yes , I agree its pretty selfish to only allow the LE to the west atlantic section of the world, It reeks of american imperialism - if i didn't know better :wink:
I'm not too worried about owning the LE version as long as the game is the same, and we're not missing out on scenarios or anything.. but I would like the option - i'm a game developer so i'd be fascinated to see the behind the scenes videos.

It was also a mite annoying that firaxis or someone said civ3 would be out on the 31st october, beacuse i have to sweat for another 2 weeks now it did feel like the date was being pushed back.
Old November 2, 2001, 23:03   #4
Bane
Chieftain

Local Time: 05:52
I have the LE -- and it is not worth the money!!
Old November 2, 2001, 23:24   #5
CheeseWhistle
Settler

Local Time: 10:52
It's not worth the fight guys!
I have to tell you, while I understand your disappointment, there is really nothing in the LE version that makes it worth fighting for. I paid extra for the LE version and was disappointed. Sure the tin is pretty (its now sitting on a shelf in a closet), and the tech tree chart has some utility (haven't used it yet). There is a second CD, which contains two short mpeg videos (I am sure you can download these off the Internet). And the "designer notes" is nothing more than a single page (basically a thank you note).

It would have been cool if the LE version had additional maps, some scenarios, maybe even an extra civ or two. But alas this was not to be.

This is an awesome game, and it comes with a very substantial manual no matter which version you get. Save the fight for something worthwhile, like dominating the globe!

CheeseWhistle
Old November 3, 2001, 10:09   #6
Rasbelin
Emperor

Local Time: 17:52
CheeseWhistle, I know that it's perhaps
not so easy to understamd those who want
the LE, but cannot get it. But please, try to
understand the BTC campaign. It would really
be helpful if you could support our campaign
at BTC's official website or by joining the BTC discussion here
on Ape's Forums (the thread).

Comrade apolytoners, join the alliance for
a worldwide LE release and the removal of the ban!
Old November 3, 2001, 10:24   #7
Mads Raven
Chieftain

I am 100% backing you up on this issue! I think that it is a good initiative that you have made. I also want my Limited Edition Tin now! My order at (F*cking) Amazon.com was cancelled when I started to contact them for asking when they would ship my game... Now I have a new order at EBgames and I am still counting the days and waiting. In 12 days I can buy the game here in Denmark ("only" the SE) but I want my LE now.
Old November 3, 2001, 10:26   #8
wotan321
Warlord

HEY! Isn't it supposed to be limited?
How can it be the "limited edition" if everyone has it.... even Europeans?

I have this...er.... "friend" who sold one of his children for medical experiments so he could affort to buy 12 copies of the LE. His plan was, in ten years when Civ3 is considered the GREATEST GAME OF ALL TIME, to sell each copy for thousands of dollars each.......BWUUUHAAAAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! I'll be RICH! Rich I say!!! Uh.... I mean my "friend" will be rich... if the LE remains LIMITED!

So do not buy into that "everybody should have a chance" gobbledy-gook! Keep it LIMITED!

...or, if you must, produce a few more dozen thousand copies of the LE, but print the words (in raised lettering)

"cheap knock-off of LE, for worldwide distribution, not to be confused with the REAL Limited Edition of the THE GREATEST GAME IN THE WORLD... AT ANY PRICE!!!"

That seems like a reasonable compromise.

Old November 3, 2001, 10:43   #9
CheeseWhistle
Settler

Nah, I think I understand more than you think ... I have the perspective of somebody with the LE edition that wishes he had saved his money for a burger and milk shake. Honestly guys, there just isn't anything in the LE edition worth all of this. Your time would be better spent playing Civ II and preparing for the release of Civ III in your country.

CheeseWhistle
Old November 3, 2001, 11:20   #10
Deathray
Warlord

Well, I did order the LE from Amazon, but after I got the letter saying they couldn't ship it until Spring I cancelled. I'm going to buy the normal edition from Gamespot instead. Besides, from what I've heard the LE isn't worth $10 extra, let along £15. On the other hand, I am quite frankly disgusted by Infogrames' actions, and if you want me to sign up to a petition or something then I'll happily do so. If we make enough noise then hopefully this won't happen again from Infogrames.