Old November 3, 2001, 00:25   #1
dainbramaged13
Trade Wars / BlackNova Traders
King

Local Time: 11:53
Local Date: October 31, 2010
My Preliminary Final Analysis - Core Game is great, Extras were rushed
Aside from some minor problems that can be fized easily in the editor, such as the over-bearing corrution, the core game is perfect, an enjoyable experience better than any game i have played so far. However, (and this can be blamed on Infogrames if you choose to do so, but the fact is the release dates are something that are solid and usually cannot be changed, especially when the publisher is not making a profit) the extras such as the scenario editor were complet++++snubbed and shoddily done. Firaxis is planning to fix this, and many people will be much happier when they do. Also there were many extras that were left out, such as scenarios, multiplayer, and a scripting language (dont tell me, I know, it was never supposed to be in there, but it still was somehting that the fans wanted) were left out. Some of these things Firaxis is planning to add, and many people will be much happier when they do.

So my final analysis is this: Because of the release date requirement, Firaxis completed the core game and skimped on the extras. While I must say I was a bit dissapointed at first, I realize and accept that they made the right choice.

Now, back to civving!