Old November 3, 2001, 08:23   #1
Mike4879
Chieftain

Local Time: 15:55
Local Date: October 31, 2010
stuck in WAR TIME MOBILIZATION
Hi. I'm playing an awesome game of civ3 where its very competitive (Reagant level). I am not at war with anyone but I decided to use war time mobility to allow me to build up my armies which seemed quite outdated. all has went well but theres a problem...

I CANT GET RID OF WAR TIME MOBILIZATION...

is it because I have to declare war on someone? Have I just signed my death warrant (every civ in the game has a mutual protection pact, it would start a world war and i would be quickly defeated right now)

my cities grow increasingly culture-less so if i dont start building some normal improvements soon im finished..

anybody know? I cant even select normal improvements from the city menus, and when I go to turn off war time mobilization there is no option for normal mobilization anymore
Old November 3, 2001, 08:31   #2
imgod2u
Chieftain

Local Time: 07:55
I have the exact same problem except I am at War. But that shouldn't matter, should it? I hope that it's something that lasts only for a few turns. Tried to look in the manual and everything but alas, nothing.
Old November 3, 2001, 10:20   #3
Mike4879
Chieftain

Quote:
Originally posted by imgod2u
I have the exact same problem except I am at War. But that shouldn't matter, should it? I hope that it's something that lasts only for a few turns. Tried to look in the manual and everything but alas, nothing.
Well this looks like a bug, Ive been in war time mobilization and have had world peace for the last 8 dozen turns, so soemthing is messed up...

I can't duplicate it, hopefully it wont come back again had to revert to an ancient saved game
Old November 3, 2001, 11:14   #4
Sarxis
Rise of Nations MultiplayerAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMCTP2 Source Code ProjectCall to Power II MultiplayerCall to Power MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsGalCiv Apolyton Empire
Emperor

Local Time: 11:55
I think you need to sign a peace-treaty with someone for the mobilization to go back to 'normalcy'.

I dont know if there is a time limit on the mobilization that will take effect, sooo... you might want to go start a quick war with someone, and then just offer a peace treaty right off the bat.
Old November 3, 2001, 11:24   #5
Deathray
Warlord

That sounds like a bug, because you're supposed to have to declare war on someone if you're not already when you mobilize for war, and then its supposed to stop if you make peace (at least that's how I interpreted it). BTW, iamgod2u, I think you're meant to be stuck in it if you're at war.
Old November 3, 2001, 12:32   #6
Christantine The Great
Prince

Local Time: 10:55
Maybe it's to prevent people from using the production bonus when they're not at war. Afterall, you're not using it the way it's supposed to be.
Old November 3, 2001, 12:59   #7
Sarxis
Rise of Nations MultiplayerAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMCTP2 Source Code ProjectCall to Power II MultiplayerCall to Power MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsGalCiv Apolyton Empire
Emperor

Local Time: 11:55
Quote:
Originally posted by Christantine The Great
Maybe it's to prevent people from using the production bonus when they're not at war. Afterall, you're not using it the way it's supposed to be.
Yeah! Its like, you know, contracting billions of dollars worth of military hardware and then not going to war with it.

Now what kind of government would do that?!
Old November 3, 2001, 15:07   #8
Eli
Civ4 SP Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliC4DG VoxCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 18:55
So you declare war on someone, go to the War Time Mobilization mode, pump your defence/offence and sign peace? Cool.
Old November 3, 2001, 16:11   #9
player1
Emperor

Local Time: 17:55
The piont is that when you moblize for WAR, you should fight war & after the war is over than you can SHWITCH out, not before.

WAR ECONOMY is prepration for WAR, if you use it you MUST fight a WAR,
after that swich out.

P.S. This was said from Firaxis, I don't rememer where.
I think is was when was a discussion about NATIONALISM.
Old November 3, 2001, 16:28   #10
Akron
Prince

Local Time: 10:55
Has anyone used wartime mobilization and been successful in getting out of it?