Old November 3, 2001, 15:07   #1
drreross
Settler

Local Time: 15:56
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Civ Iii = Ctp Iii
I was hoping for something that expanded the features of Civ II. This seems like the next generation of Call to Power or Test of Time. Based on the posts I've been reading I'm not the only one VERY DISAPPOINTED. The fact that I just exited from a game of Civ\CTP III to go on-line to check out comments says it all. If the game was good, I'd be playing it instead of posting myself.
Old November 3, 2001, 15:16   #2
treedom
Chieftain

Local Time: 10:56
Huh? How exactly is it CtP III? There's no public works, the combat system is closer to Civ2 than CtP (by a LONG shot).

In fact the only thing I can think of that is more like CtP than Civ2 is the elimination of per city army support (which is a good thing, IMO).
Old November 3, 2001, 15:30   #3
Akron
Prince

Sorry, but this game rocks. It is different from civ 2, that's why it's called civ 3. So at least give it a little time before judging it. Just the fact that the ai is fastly improved makes the game fun. And the resource and culture system only add to that. As for the interface, it takes a while to really learn and at first it was frustrating.

Also, mainly the people who aren't satisfied with the game are the ones who will be posting here, so you can't really tell how many people really like the game.
Old November 3, 2001, 15:38   #4
Acemo
Civilization III Multiplayer
Warlord

IMO Civ2 was really just an add-on to Civ. Civ3 OTOH is really an enhancement to Civ2, it is a different game, I think that is why you are reading some bad things about it.
The reason you aren't reading as many good things is that most of us are playing the game!
Do yourself a favor, pick Civ3 up... NOW!

I'm back to the Egyptians in 1010 AD, I think this should be my first official victory.