Civilization II Multiplayer
King

Local Time: 15:59
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Victim of AI agression? Post here
Two games now I have been whooped

Both I declared war and both I was (thought I was) fully prepared

Unfreakin believable

Are you a Victim of AI agression? Lets talk about it! Get your feeling sout...
Old November 3, 2001, 23:12   #2
Sarxis
Rise of Nations MultiplayerAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMCTP2 Source Code ProjectCall to Power II MultiplayerCall to Power MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsGalCiv Apolyton Empire
Emperor

Local Time: 11:59
The AI is very intelligent when it comes to war. They won't necessarily declare it when they are not prepared. But when they are prepared, you'd better be ready.

And yes- I too have regretted declaring war so arrogantly.
Old November 3, 2001, 23:39   #3
freezuch
Chieftain

Local Time: 15:59
I was victim of evil AI twice. English were polite towards me. We just signed a treaty to move within borders. Then suddenly BOOM, and lots of musketmen and cavalry wiped my cites one after another. Another game I just retired as Germans were all over me.
Old November 4, 2001, 00:04   #4
Simpleton
Prince

Local Time: 08:59
I haven't had a war yet. Of course, I'm playing on beginner level (chieftain) and I've been acting like a ***** (i.e. giving the computer players what ever they want). I wonder how long I can keep it up.
I plan to play every difficulty level, working my way up from lowest to highest, until I find a level that is fun and challenging. So far chieftain seems pretty easy but I'm on an island by myself right now. I suspect there would be more conflict if you are on a continent with other players.
Old November 4, 2001, 01:04   #5
Leonid
Chieftain

Local Time: 10:59
The romans declared war on me. I was being nice and giving into all there demands. they asked for contact with the aztecs. being the nice guy that I am I complied..as a token of good will and to maintain relations.

Next turn they pour across the border, Declare war and the aztecs Declare as well. But the romans didnt have a source of Iron..Ah HA!! So no legions

Bad miscalculation there best unit was archers and spearmen. I created tons of hoplites and horses and beat them back and after many hundreds of years I finally destroyed them.

Now I am in the lead scientifically and preparing to go to war with the aztecs...we have had a peace agreement for a long time. But I never forget past agressions..and I never liked the aztecs..they are so barbaric ..kinda like the taliban.

I finally colonized a small island with a supply of Iron. Now I can build a mighty army of Knights. The question is, am I strong enough to declare war on aztecs. They dont have feudalism yet but do have an Iron source...so I guess there best units are swordsmen. I am a little leary when it comes to declaring war. So right now I don't know if I stay in Monarchy and go to war after upgrading my horsemen, Or switch to Republic and keep a watchful eye out for aggression.
Old November 4, 2001, 04:28   #6
Simpleton
Prince

Local Time: 08:59
Quote:
Originally posted by Leonid
Now I am in the lead scientifically and preparing to go to war with the aztecs...we have had a peace agreement for a long time. But I never forget past agressions..and I never liked the aztecs..they are so barbaric ..kinda like the taliban.
Hey! That reminds me. I am playing the Aztec's in my first Civ3 game!!! But I am as peaceful as a lamb.....until the computer screws me then........
Old November 4, 2001, 06:30   #7
Schnitzelnator
Settler

Local Time: 16:59
DO NOT INSULT THE AZTECS

They were the first Civilization I managed to reach the industrial age with in Civ 1.

Ah, memories...