Old November 4, 2001, 01:19   #1
tomosaurus
Settler

Local Time: 15:59
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Please bring back attitude colors on citizens
I like the new game, but there is one thing I really miss from Civ 2: the different colors of the citizens in a city depending on their attitude. In Civ 3 you have to really look hard to see the attitudes (happiness) of your citizens. It basically forces me to scroll through the actual city screens one at a time each turn. I have even mistaken a city that had 4 happy and 4 content citizens for a city with 4 content and 4 unhappy. The domestic advisor screen is really hard to tell also.

Another thing I miss is a symbol or color change for a city that is in danger of unrest. As it stands now, you have to actually look at the citizens in each city. In Civ 2, a city that was in danger of unrest would have its name in red on the Attitude Advisor screen, so you could quickly scan your empire and know where your problems are.

What does everyone else think?
Old November 4, 2001, 01:25   #2
freezuch
Chieftain

agree about revolt warning screen. It's just not there... it's really pisses off when the city is in process of building wonder of the world and time is limited.

BTW you can't rush Wonders and the thing that only Leader adds shields is sad.
Old November 4, 2001, 01:39   #3
KoalaBear33
Warlord

Local Time: 10:59
Re: Please bring back attitude colors on citizens
Just hover the mouse over the citizens to see their state... yeah it takes a short while but isn't a big deal IMO...

A warning indicator would be good for sure...

KoalaBear33
Old November 4, 2001, 01:58   #4
Jason
Warlord

The citizens are broken into Happy/content/unhappy with a space between them. It's harder to see without colours, but the colours have been left out so that you can see nationality when you start getting multinational (captured) cities.

I must say, I'm so paranoid about difficulty now that I micromanage my attitude and tax-rate every turn to prevent wastage, which feels micromangish... but if the game did this for you, I guess it would be playing for ya.

You know how the population turns red if it is starving? Perhaps the city-name could turn red if it's about to revolt? Especially in the domestic advisor screen.

I guess a really tip-top emperor would be aware of how all his cities are doing, but I have to fight off hordes of Persian immortals and whatnot, kind of distracting.
Old November 4, 2001, 02:03   #5
freezuch
Chieftain

Quote:
I guess a really tip-top emperor would be aware of how all his cities are doing...
Hey, that's what all these advisors are for, to hint me when there is a problem on the horizon.