Old November 4, 2001, 13:05   #1
Libertarian
King

Local Time: 11:02
Local Date: October 31, 2010
White puffs of smoke or steam
Up front, this is not the blackish civil disorder smoke and isn't coming from a city tile. It's also not fireworks (which come from city tiles). I had whitish puffs of smoke or steam coming from a square with a cow that one of my cities was working.

Has anybody seen this and know what it is? There didn't seem to be any real ill effects. Is it just a cosmetic or something?
Old November 4, 2001, 13:19   #2
GizmoToy
Settler

Local Time: 16:02
I know exactly what you're talking about. I've seen it randomly all over the board since I started playing on friday. Unfortunately, I have NO idea what it is. In fact, I was kinda wondering myslef. In any case, just wanted to let you know that someone else has seen it too...
Old November 4, 2001, 13:22   #3
Libertarian
King

Thanks for letting me know that. I think I just noticed that I placed this in the wrong forum. My apologies to the moderators and guests.
Old November 4, 2001, 13:26   #4
adaMada
Civilization III Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersPtWDG RoleplayRise of Nations MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

I've seen it... I'm just as clueless as you are, but it seems to be consistantly over one specific city (not my capital or any special city either).

If I see it and remember, I'll try to grab a screenshot, since it's really weird...

-- adaMada
Old November 4, 2001, 13:38   #5
IBNobody
Chieftain

Local Time: 10:02
They're fireworks, and they're used to show which cities are celebrating "We Love the King" day.

Question: How in the heck are they using fireworks if saltpeter (potassium nitrate) hasn't been discovered yet?

- Nobody
Old November 4, 2001, 13:44   #6
Libertarian
King

As I said up front, it's not fireworks. I've seen the fireworks. They come from city tiles. This is a grass tile with a cow. Fireworks don't come from cows. Farts maybe, but not fireworks.
Old November 4, 2001, 15:51   #7
Grandpa Troll
supporter
PolyCast TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame
Immortal Factotum

Local Time: 12:02
Quote:
Originally posted by Libertarian
As I said up front, it's not fireworks. I've seen the fireworks. They come from city tiles. This is a grass tile with a cow. Fireworks don't come from cows. Farts maybe, but not fireworks.
Does it in anyway resemble a COW-PATTY SPLATTERING in da mud?????

Heh Heh Heh..just a thought???

Yours in Civin

Troll
Old November 4, 2001, 16:03   #8
War4ever
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 08:02
i thought this white smoke or black was after the second cultural expansion of your capital....i have seen something when i have disorder.....

ps i like the cow fart explanation best though
Old November 4, 2001, 16:12   #9
adaMada
Civilization III Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersPtWDG RoleplayRise of Nations MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Quote:
Originally posted by adaMada
I've seen it... I'm just as clueless as you are, but it seems to be consistantly over one specific city (not my capital or any special city either).

If I see it and remember, I'll try to grab a screenshot, since it's really weird...

-- adaMada
well, the fireworks explain mine... the city i see it around is the one that's in I love the King days a lot, so... they don't look like fireworks, though .

well, thanks .

-- adaMada

PS: Is there a screen pic with fireworks in it posted somewhere online? Does anyone know of one? I'm wondering if it's a bug in the game or something, lol, because that really didn't look like fireworks to me -- more like smoke, from a factory, but not really fireworks... so i'm wondering if it's a bug where the game's showing the wrong pictures -- that might explain why it's showing up over cows also, the game's trying to show something else... just a thought, though, have no evidence to back this up...
Old November 5, 2001, 05:05   #10
duxup
Chieftain

Local Time: 10:02
I too have seen the white puffs of mystery . I have only noticed them when my horsemen or cavalry are running. Perhaps it is supposed to be dust kicked up by the horses that is occurring at the wrong time?