Old November 4, 2001, 17:24   #1
D4everman
Prince

Local Time: 16:03
Local Date: October 31, 2010
the first game i might actually win....
Well, after having my ass handed to me several times, it looks like I at least have a CHANCE to win in my current game.

This game rocks. I did badly as the Americans so I tried the English...mainly because I used to date an english chick, but anyway...

regent level...I'm on a large continent sandwiched between the Greeks and the iroqoius. Hiawatha really ticks me off, he's always really close to me both on the game board and in tech and he absolutely can be a jerk by threatening me and saying "Hey, it was worth a try.". The Germans are to his north and the french are to his east. On the greeks side, the Aztecs were there...emphasis on WERE and the Egyptians just beyond them. As you can imagine it was a big land grab at the start. At first it was just land, then horses after the wheel. Then Iron. I managed to grab the spots with lots of iron (and just before I quit, coal) but the iriqious built cities in close proximity trying to edge me out. The French actually plopped a city in by my horse colony, but it quickly fell to my superior culture.

All was well...until I established a city on another continent near the romans. I was on good terms with them. But the Aztecs, who I had no beef with, had a city there too and they invaded my city and took it. Now it was war. How could I beat the ferocious aztec jaguar warriors. Heeeheee...

Knights. Montezuma didn't realize that I had been building a butt load of knights in one of my inner cities to be distributed among my border cities. He also probably thought it would take a loooong time for me to ship any troops over to him by sea using trimemes (forgot what they're called in civ3) Wrong. I was slightly ahead in tech so I offered prinitng press to both Cleopatra and Alexander for right of passage and an alliance against the aztecs. I had to throw in a map or two, but they went for it. Coupla turns later a few boatloads of musketmen (i had the GL so my boats could go into open sea) landed by Monty's only coastal city and on a hill to boot. Before the aztecs vcould even begin to attack them Cleo's war chariots stormed in and attacked the JWs. Around the same time TEN knights, all veterans but one which was elite, stormed up through Greece and blew the Aztecs four measly cities off of the map. The musket men and knights quickly garrisoned themselves. Now I have access to even more iron, saltpeter and dyes. Montezuma felt the business end of english steel...muhahahaha.

Right now I'm on good terms with everyone. The game is mostly trading and building culture. I wonder where the next threat will come from?
Old November 4, 2001, 18:35   #2
cyril25376
Warlord

Local Time: 18:03
Re: the first game i might actually win....
Quote:
[SIZE=1] (i had the GL so my boats could go into open sea)
Good Story :b When you've a Great leader aboard, there is no restrictions concerning coast, sea, ocean ?
Old November 4, 2001, 21:15   #3
Lawrence of Arabia
PtWDG Gathering StormMac
King

Local Time: 08:03
I think he means the Great Lighthouse
Old November 5, 2001, 03:03   #4
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 03:03
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Lawrence of Arabia
I think he means the Great Lighthouse
I thought he meant Great Library

Keep updating the story though, very entertaining