Old November 5, 2001, 20:19   #1
Delthayre
Settler

Local Time: 11:08
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Patches and things they can do
I've seen a lot of cries for patches recently, some measured and balance, others fiery and foolish. I wholeheartedly agree that a patch is warranted and make no issue of most of the points brought up (provided those points are mentioned in a calm and reasonable manner). My quandry regards the usefullness and capability of patches.

Just how much can be done with a patch? What limits (both coded and financial) are there on patching?

Anyone with programming experience out there is particularly welcome to comment.

P.S. Once this is done, I suggest we prepare a detailed and relistic list of patch suggestions followed by a coordinated e-mailing campaign. Enough letters and we should get a few on the next "ask the civ team" if they intend to continue that.

P.S.S. Let us avoid the issues of multiplayer and the missing editor functions for now. It is well established that they can be added to the game relatively easily and in the case of editor are almost guaranteed to be implemented (officially, that is).

~I realize that the topics I have proposed have been rehashed many times, yet I feel that a system of designated threads using a planned structure and organized effort will have the best chance. They will also make it easier for any Firaxis employees that may chance upon the boards to check.~

Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Also, please ignore any inflammatory posts. If you see an inflammatory post, pretend, to the best of your ability, that it does not exist. Be not kindling.
Old November 6, 2001, 02:12   #2
Timeline
King

*bump*

Good post Delthayre. Would you mine giving me a hand over at this thread that I started? I think we have pretty much the same goals.
Old November 6, 2001, 03:40   #3
yin26
inmate
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Born Again Optimist

Local Time: 12:08
If you look in the Help forum, Korn has a thread designed just for this purpose. He's a very capable guy and will do a bang-up job.

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.
Old November 7, 2001, 08:49   #4
Timeline
King

Cool, I didn't see that so thnx for the info yin.

I think I am going to head over there now and my list to his.