Old November 6, 2001, 01:54   #1
SITS
King

Local Time: 16:10
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Shakespeare's Theatre?
Maybe I'm missing something here as I've only played on Warlord - but of what possible use is Shakespeare's Theatre? In Civ2 you could base your units there and send them out not worrying about unhappiness but with units not having home cities in Civ3 I can't see what the use is. Making 8 unhappy citizens content in one city doesn't seem to help things or I'm I missing something completely?
'No room for human error, and really it's thousands of times safer than letting drivers do it. But the one in ten million has come up once again, and the the cause of the accident is sits, something in the silicon.' - The Gold Coast - Kim Stanley Robinson

'Feels just like I can take a thousand miles in my stride hey yey' - Oh, Baby - Rhianna
Old November 6, 2001, 02:09   #2
morb
Chieftain

Local Time: 08:10
that's a good point. but it will still improve your cultural rating.
Old November 6, 2001, 02:13   #3
Imran Siddiqui
staff
Apolytoners Hall of FameAge of Nations TeamPolyCast Team

Local Time: 12:10
Quote:
Making 8 unhappy citizens content in one city doesn't seem to help things or I'm I missing something completely?
Well, the city will never go into civil disorder... and IIRC, it adds more culture than most (if not all) other wonders.
“I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
- John 13:34-35 (NRSV)
Old November 6, 2001, 02:22   #4
Sarxis
Rise of Nations MultiplayerAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMCTP2 Source Code ProjectCall to Power II MultiplayerCall to Power MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsGalCiv Apolyton Empire
Emperor

Local Time: 12:10
I guess you could say 'The Globe' is like a humongous colloseum type improvement, which increases happy faces instead of content faces, and adds a hell of a lot of culture.
Old November 6, 2001, 12:32   #5
SITS
King

Local Time: 16:10
Quote:
Originally posted by Anunikoba
I guess you could say 'The Globe' is like a humongous colloseum type improvement, which increases happy faces instead of content faces, and adds a hell of a lot of culture.
I would accept that if it was simply a culture creator but why the happy faces? Doesn't really do anything. It would have been better to have a culture of 10+ which would be a good enough reason to build it...
'No room for human error, and really it's thousands of times safer than letting drivers do it. But the one in ten million has come up once again, and the the cause of the accident is sits, something in the silicon.' - The Gold Coast - Kim Stanley Robinson

'Feels just like I can take a thousand miles in my stride hey yey' - Oh, Baby - Rhianna