Old November 6, 2001, 07:26   #1
Argeye
Settler

Local Time: 08:11
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Really really new to Civ
Greetings fellow addicts!
I just found this site/boards and I think they're great! It's really neat to dive into such an intense and complicated game like civ3 and have places like this to go to for help!
I was at E3 and saw Sid speak about his experiences and the other two civs and almost went and got civ2 but decided to wait. It was well worth it!
I'm really just wondering about a couple things. Can we expect patches to fix or adjust balance issues and bugs in the future? I've seen like, pre-patch things and the other mod stuff here, but I'm weary of 3rd party stuff altering the game (gonna grab elvis though, can't resist hehe). But I've seen issues brought up here on these boards such as the high corruption (high for me too of course, but I've not a clue what it affects yet hehe), and, for me, the most annoying, the choppy scrolling ..
Anyhoo, seems like a great community here and I'm sure between the marathon games I'll be playing, I'll be here seeing what you civ vets have got to say about this n that
Old November 6, 2001, 09:40   #2
CBH
Warlord

Local Time: 16:11
Firaxis have said they're working on the first patch - around the end of November was one date mentioned. If you find corruption too high you can go into the editor and add the 'reduces corruption' tag to some other buildings. I did that for cultural buildings such as libraries and temples, and Police Stations too.

Two things they really need to put in are a 'go to city' dialogue for Civil Disorder so you can fix it before moving on, and ability to move a stack of units at once when they're not in an Army.

Now in Democracy I have about 15% corruption, far more realistic than 70% or so it was before. If you don't want to mess with the .bic file yourself download the one that's in the Files forum.

I haven't suffered any problems with choppy scrolling so can't help there.
Old November 6, 2001, 10:37   #3
Sarxis
Rise of Nations MultiplayerAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMCTP2 Source Code ProjectCall to Power II MultiplayerCall to Power MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsGalCiv Apolyton Empire
Emperor

Local Time: 12:11
Welcome to the club Argeye!

Yes- expect one patch now, probably another in a couple months. Firaxis (the developers) have always been good about releasing at least a couple of patches for their games, and ones that really do the trick (add features as well as resolve issues).

And there are some problems right now with a few grosse errors in the game- Air Superiority seems to not work at all, and some other nuisance type things.

But all in all, the game is awesome! Keep playing, and then when Multiplayer is available next year, we can have at it!
Old November 6, 2001, 10:54   #4
Argeye
Settler

Local Time: 08:11
Thanks for the replys

m-m-m-multiplayer? whee! that'll be great!
Heh, I didn't do much, erm, any, research on the other Civ games, or on Civ3 after seeing it at E3. I was so impressed with Sid's talk, I just wanted to go in totally fresh to the game and judge it that way.

Love it!
I made the mistake of getting REALLY into a game that wasn't even in beta yet, got in the very early stages of beta, worked with the Dev team on bugs, suggestions and whatnot, and ended up very soured by the whole thing when their release version was a totally different build, full of bugs and un-fixed known issues, than the last release of beta we got to test.
I think it's kinda fun delving into a game such as this with no previous knowledge of the past releases or whatever News, promises, or anything that the devs say will be in the game before it's released. Hehe keeps me from sayin "Hey you said suchandsuch was gonna be in the game!!" *koffBlackAndWhitekoff*

Welp, thanks for lettin me know about multiplayer.. now I've got an excuse for overplaying so I can have some skills when the time comes hehe

Caio!