Old November 6, 2001, 15:38   #1
BLackraven42
Chieftain

Local Time: 11:12
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Science cheat
In Civ3, you can turn up your science to 100, and since money plays such a little role in the game, you can play the entire game without money. Unlike in in Civ2, you no longer need to sell buildings if you run out of money.

An old saying goes "For every language a man knows, he is that many times a man"
Therefore, George Bush is half a man.
Old November 6, 2001, 17:58   #2
MaSsConFUsi0n
Chieftain

Local Time: 16:12
um, then you can't make any buildings and not that great of a military cause they require MONEY to keep. imagine having stealth but since you have no money, your enemies come with tons and tons of knights and roll you over... that would suck. keep the science as high as it can go while still having a positive income.

MaSsConFUsi0n
Old November 6, 2001, 20:20   #3
Cre8engr
Chieftain

Local Time: 09:12
Or worse yet, they come at you with legion upon legion of spearmen.
Old November 6, 2001, 20:50   #4
Shiva
Prince

Local Time: 10:12
Re: Science cheat
Quote:
Originally posted by BLackraven42
you can play the entire game without money.

Ummmmm
The eagle soars and flies in peace and casts its shadow wide Across the land, across the seas, across the far-flung skies. The foolish think the eagle weak, and easy to bring to heel. The eagle's wings are silken, but its claws are made of steel. So be warned, you would-be hunters, attack it and you die, For the eagle stands for freedom, and that will always fly.

Darkness makes the sunlight so bright that our eyes blur with tears. Challenges remind us that we are capable of great things. Misery sharpens the edges of our joy. Life is hard. It is supposed to be.
Old November 7, 2001, 00:03   #5
Sarxis
Rise of Nations MultiplayerAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMCTP2 Source Code ProjectCall to Power II MultiplayerCall to Power MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsGalCiv Apolyton Empire
Emperor

Local Time: 12:12
Not wise.

I can actually turn research to 0% and buy most of the techs I want from my neighbors.

Actually, this is what I have been doing- I will buy most of the ancient techs, then, when I am in the middle ages, I start switching my economy over to research. This works well.
Old November 7, 2001, 01:33   #6
Shiva
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by Anunikoba
Not wise.

I can actually turn research to 0% and buy most of the techs I want from my neighbors.

Actually, this is what I have been doing- I will buy most of the ancient techs, then, when I am in the middle ages, I start switching my economy over to research. This works well.
Hehe I dont go quite that far but I go for the highest one with 10% because of hte cap and buy everything else. Lots of great deals out there early.
The eagle soars and flies in peace and casts its shadow wide Across the land, across the seas, across the far-flung skies. The foolish think the eagle weak, and easy to bring to heel. The eagle's wings are silken, but its claws are made of steel. So be warned, you would-be hunters, attack it and you die, For the eagle stands for freedom, and that will always fly.

Darkness makes the sunlight so bright that our eyes blur with tears. Challenges remind us that we are capable of great things. Misery sharpens the edges of our joy. Life is hard. It is supposed to be.
Old November 7, 2001, 02:21   #7
CygnusZ
Warlord

Local Time: 16:12
Kind of funny, I auction off my most powerful techs *LATE* in the game rendering my oppoent impotent. Selling something like Nuclear Fusion for all 2300 in his treasury then immediatly having an alliance carve up his sad-arse territory...
Old November 7, 2001, 02:29   #8
Roulette
Settler

Local Time: 11:12
Maybe I'm playing a different game. I'm playing one where I USE money to BUY things.... I dunno... I could be wrong. I guess I could just play with no significant units... it'd be hard and all though....
Old November 7, 2001, 03:21   #9
connorkimbro
Emperor

Quote:
In Civ3, you can turn up your science to 100, and since money plays such a little role in the game, you can play the entire game without money. Unlike in in Civ2, you no longer need to sell buildings if you run out of money.
What, are you guys all playing on chieftan/warlord or something? geez

What you said is true ONLY on chieftan/warlord.

-theonion.com