Old November 6, 2001, 15:57   #1
awckie
Chieftain

Local Time: 08:12
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Forced Launching of Spaceship!!!!
Ahhhh....

Just a warning.... When you build the last component of the spaceship and go to the spaceship screen, you are FORCED to launch the spaceship, and then you immediately win!

There is no waiting period for you to land on Alpha Centauri - Game is just over.

There has to be an option for you to just leave the spaceship screen and not launch it until you are ready.....
Old November 6, 2001, 16:01   #2
Ecthy
Civilization II MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of FameSpanish Civers
Emperor

Local Time: 18:12
ready for what? in Civ2, you could use that timespan to build up military for possible invasions, but apart from that, there's no reason to drag it out

of course, if it is still an advantage to wait longer and build up (score for citizens etc.), then there should be an option like that included... and now that I think about it... there's culture... so I take it all back
Old November 6, 2001, 16:41   #3
Eli
Civ4 SP Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliC4DG VoxCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 19:12
Building up doesnt change the score(significantly) since the final score is the average score you had in all the game's turns. So some increase in the last 10 turns wont add you more than a few points.
Old November 6, 2001, 17:15   #4
Timeline
King

Local Time: 11:12
Eli, what you walking around with that girly avatar for?
Old November 6, 2001, 17:57   #5
awckie
Chieftain

Local Time: 08:12
Well there I was just building along, everything I could build until I took my tanks and blew away another civ... Imagine my surprise when I HAD to launch my spaceship.... It was just kinda shocking, cause I wasn't used to that
Old November 6, 2001, 18:36   #6
civmonger
Settler

The turn before my spaceship was launched France who was one component behind me, declared war on me and we had a mutual agression pack (although she was annoyed with me. She didnt put up much of an offense of course all the other civs came to my defense. However when my turn came I was forced to launch my ship. I kinda wanted to hold a UN vote that turn cause it was just me and France up for the vote (I held a vote a couple turns back just to see what would happen and it was 2 to 4 France). I also wanted to crush France hehe. Anyway I would like to be able to launch the ship whenever I choose.
Old November 6, 2001, 18:56   #7
Executor
Warlord

Location: of Terra Prime, homeworld of the Terran Star Empire
I wish there would be a way to win with multiple victories, like a space launch, diplomatic, and cultural victory. You would get extra points to your civilization score if you could pull it off.
Old November 6, 2001, 19:48   #8
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 03:12
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Timeline
Eli, what you walking around with that girly avatar for?
Hey, it works well for Rasputin