Old November 7, 2001, 00:10   #1
Dhaeman
Settler

Local Time: 16:14
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Resource Problem
Other than a few random things such as other countries building ciites in the middle of my empire WHILE I'm fighting a war and the fact the computer seems to be able to build wonders at ridiculously impossibly faster rates than me, Civ 3 has been great except for one thing: resources.

I guess I really shouldn't be talking yet until I actually finish a game of Civ3, but still...here we go. Resources seem to be ridiculously sparse. I think the whole idea of it is good, because if you don't have something you will need other civilizations to help you and trade with and it makes it more realistic. However, the availability of resources is definately not realistic. Within a pretty big range of mountains and hills that I am currently near I only found 1 patch of iron, over about a 20 X 25 area. I would say about 15 of the squares were mountains and about 30 or so were hills. I have had similar problems with a few other resources but I don't want to have to explain each one. Anyway I was wondering if it is someone possible to increase the amount of starting resources on a map without manually editing a map? Either that or just respond with whatever you want, it will be more fun than waiting 1-2 min for the comps to take their turns on my ghetto slow computer.