Old November 7, 2001, 17:00   #1
Gaius Marius
Civilization IV Creators
Warlord

Local Time: 12:18
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Most ridiculous leader
Is it just me or is the top-hat-festooned Hammurabi a riot? He hasn't been this funny since I played Civ 1 as "MC Hammur." (1991, I was in middle school, it was a riot at the time).

Cleopatra dressed up like Little Bo Peep is great as well.
Old November 7, 2001, 17:02   #2
dingdatou
Settler

Local Time: 11:18
Chaireman Mao is hilarious as well. Even my wife is laughing so hard which is a good thing.
Old November 7, 2001, 19:24   #3
treedom
Chieftain

How about Sinead O'f Arc
Old November 7, 2001, 19:33   #4
Provost Harrison
Apolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV PBEMPolyCast Team
Deity

Local Time: 17:18
I think Mao in the fur hat is pretty cool

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith
Old November 7, 2001, 21:14   #5
The Eliminator
Warlord

Local Time: 10:18
hahahaha MC Hammur. That's a great one!
Old November 8, 2001, 00:32   #6
mrbilll
Chieftain

Local Time: 09:18
It's a good, humorous, effect, but overall, it's just not RIGHT! Yes, the modern Joan of Arc Navy SEALS look had me thinking there'd been a plague in Paris for a second. But in particular, Lincoln in the Caveman outfit and Montezuma in the three piece suit really throw me for a loop.

But I have to admit, Xerxes and Hammurabi both look pretty hip in the modern era.
Old November 10, 2001, 13:28   #7
siredgar
Prince

Don't forget Mao!
Mao cracked me up the first time he demanded something and then backed down saying something like "Oh, I was just joking! Haha. Funny funny, right?"
Old November 11, 2001, 18:15   #8
Admiral PJ
PtWDG Lux Invicta
Prince

Local Time: 16:18
Someone should make a leader for George W Bush, he could say things like ' no wait sir, hmm , your name will come to me in minute general..'
Old November 13, 2001, 21:53   #9
PMLF
Warlord

Quote:
Originally posted by mrbilll
It's a good, humorous, effect, but overall, it's just not RIGHT! Yes, the modern Joan of Arc Navy SEALS look had me thinking there'd been a plague in Paris for a second. But in particular, Lincoln in the Caveman outfit and Montezuma in the three piece suit really throw me for a loop.

But I have to admit, Xerxes and Hammurabi both look pretty hip in the modern era.
Yes, they are very funny. Washington is funny too.
Old November 13, 2001, 22:49   #10
BigBear
Chieftain

Quote:
Originally posted by Admiral PJ
Someone should make a leader for George W Bush, he could say things like ' no wait sir, hmm , your name will come to me in minute general..'
That would be helarious. But instead of an actual picture of GWB. It should just be a horse's ass.
Old November 14, 2001, 11:20   #11
History Guy
PtWDG RoleplayACDG Planet University of TechnologyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoAlpha Centauri Democracy GameApolyton Storywriters' GuildC4DG Gathering Storm
King

OK, Big Bear, now we know who you voted for.
Old November 15, 2001, 05:06   #12
BigBear
Chieftain

Yeah you would have, If only I had been 18 just a few months earlier.
Old November 15, 2001, 05:29   #13
conquistadore
Settler

Local Time: 00:18
Local Date: November 1, 2010
King Alexander a doctor??
Hey guys, talking 'bout ridiculous leaders and their equally-ridiculous speeches, i came across one while playing civ3...

i was playing at regent level, Alexander heads a puny 'empire' with 4 cities right in the modern age, most of his cities conquerered by me in the previous ages. He is, of course, furious with me. Once, he demanded to see me and i thought, "Ok, let's see what the great alexander has to say this time." To my surprise, he wants a peace treaty+my World map+free gems for 20 rounds. i laughed it off but that's not funniest part. I made a counter-proposal and asked for a tribute of 10 gold/turn in return for a peace treaty. His reply was,

"Three words. Increase your medication."

I fell off my chair laughing.
Old November 30, 2001, 22:12   #14
HolyWarrior
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by BigBear
Yeah you would have, If only I had been 18 just a few months earlier.

That explains it
Old December 3, 2001, 10:06   #15
Ecowiz Returns
Chieftain

Guy's, funny as it maybe for others to see what American think of their current leader, couldn't you take your discussion to somewere else, like, a OT forum?

Better yet, why don't you go to some sites where that issue is more pertinent, like CNN or others?

Someone once suggested we should only talk about those leaders prior to WWII. Maybe it would be a good advice to follow, no?

That goes ,also, for those who use to call Clinton the worst US President ever. Everybody here knows in whom you voted, too!
Old December 5, 2001, 11:17   #16
Bad Ax
Chieftain

Mao's an absolute riot in every age up to the modern, at which point he starts to look like satan. Then again, by the modern age I've usually done something mean like raze half his cities (I almost always get placed next to the Chinese, for some reason), so maybe he has an excuse.

I tend to get the giggles when looking at Shaka in the middle ages. That's about the silliest hat I've ever seen.

Alexander looks like a ten-year-old or something. I kept him alive an entire game to see if he would hit puberty, but instead he just started dressing up in "adult" clothes.
Old December 11, 2001, 01:29   #17
Maophoria
Settler

The Bush thing would be great. Especially since you could have him constantly use the wrong words.

"Hmm, Would you please exclude your, hmmm, soldiers from Soveriegn territory."

or

"Hmmm, you will roe the day that your EVILDOERS invaded my county."
Old December 11, 2001, 03:20   #18
dexters
Apolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

I like how Mao is represented.

Despite all the Cold War propaganda, he wasn't the kind of leader Stalin was. He meant well for the Chinese people and felt communism was the only way to bring together an Empire in decline. I think in retrospect, taking into account the disasters that were cultural revolution and the great leap forward, Communism may have been the best thing that have happened to China. It stabilized the country and made it possible for it to develop economically and I'm very very impressed with its Economic growth in the last 20 years.

China, hopefully, should be restored as one of the great world powers this century. As a Chinese, there is part of me would very much want to see that happen.

I sincerely hope the emerging middle class will inititate change that will turn China into a strong Democratic Republic, because if it can change to that form of government, with its freedoms, both personal and economic, China's economic potential is limitless and could simply dwarf America's. A 50 Trillion dollar GDP ? that's very likely and then it will truly be the central country of the human race.

I think in the next millenia, the greatest test of humanity would be to put aside cultural and racial differences and work together as a group, whether it happens via the United Nations, or through the sheer power and influence of great powers like the United States or China or perhaps a consortium or major world blocs.. If that doesn't happen we will have a very rough road ahead as a race.

Asian pride!

Last edited by dexters; December 11, 2001 at 05:25.
Old December 11, 2001, 11:50   #19
Panzer
Warlord

Evil dr. Hammu all the way!!! Really, modern Hammurabi looks like a James Bond villain.

Bond: "What do you want, Hammu? Do you expect me to talk?"

Hammu: "No, mr. Bond. I expect you to die!"

Classical...

Shaka is a good one too! That thing on his head.............

Industrial Xerxes looks like some kind of dandy, I can just see him dancing.
Old December 11, 2001, 12:02   #20
Zealot
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Maophoria
"Hmmm, you will roe the day that your EVILDOERS invaded my county."
Bush is so funny and ridiculous when saying Evildoers!
Old December 11, 2001, 19:01   #21
scientific civ
Chieftain

tokugawa: go boil your head.
Old December 11, 2001, 19:39   #22
King Carp
Settler

Definitely Medieval Lincoln
Proof this country's run by the Masons.
Old December 13, 2001, 15:44   #23
ntyatecafe
Chieftain

Quote:
I think in the next millenia, the greatest test of humanity would be to put aside cultural and racial differences and work together as a group
I hear you, man! One world...one people!
And it sure beats working for a living...
Old December 15, 2001, 00:16   #24
History Guy
PtWDG RoleplayACDG Planet University of TechnologyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoAlpha Centauri Democracy GameApolyton Storywriters' GuildC4DG Gathering Storm
King

Quote:
Bush is so funny and ridiculous when saying Evildoers!
OK, then we should call them "warmongers", "blackgards", or just for the fun of it "big dumb priggish twits".
Old December 17, 2001, 05:51   #25
DaShi
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by dexters
I like how Mao is represented.

Despite all the Cold War propaganda, he wasn't the kind of leader Stalin was. He meant well for the Chinese people and felt communism was the only way to bring together an Empire in decline. I think in retrospect, taking into account the disasters that were cultural revolution and the great leap forward, Communism may have been the best thing that have happened to China. It stabilized the country and made it possible for it to develop economically and I'm very very impressed with its Economic growth in the last 20 years.

China, hopefully, should be restored as one of the great world powers this century. As a Chinese, there is part of me would very much want to see that happen.

I sincerely hope the emerging middle class will inititate change that will turn China into a strong Democratic Republic, because if it can change to that form of government, with its freedoms, both personal and economic, China's economic potential is limitless and could simply dwarf America's. A 50 Trillion dollar GDP ? that's very likely and then it will truly be the central country of the human race.

I think in the next millenia, the greatest test of humanity would be to put aside cultural and racial differences and work together as a group, whether it happens via the United Nations, or through the sheer power and influence of great powers like the United States or China or perhaps a consortium or major world blocs.. If that doesn't happen we will have a very rough road ahead as a race.

Asian pride!
Mao cared little for the Chinese people. That's why he so eagerly had them go around and kill eachother to cover his ass. Perhaps at the beginning he truly beleived in making China better, but he quickly became corrupt after the Communist Revolution where he was put into God-like power. I like the Chinese, and it is because of this that I place Mao right up there with Hitler and Stalin. The only difference between Mao and Hitler and Stalin was that the latter two were evil geniuses, while Mao was an evil idiot. So many died and suffered from his stupid mistakes. His actions are unforgivable.

Yes, Mao did have an affect on the economic growth of China after his death. It was similar to the affect that the Black Plague had on Europe. After so much catastrophe their was no where to go but up. Also, fortunately for China, Deng Xiaoping was a far smarter man and quickly worked to overturn Mao's actions and save China from complete self-destruction. By gradually turning China away from Maoist communism and toward, ironically, imperialist capitalism, China developed the fastest growing economy since Japan. Unfortunately, Deng was still reluctant to let go of many of the 'old ways' (Maoist), and kept China in a police state that alienated it from the USA and gave Deng his own place in infamy.

In fact, nearly all of China's history has been a testament to the ills of having a single inexperienced, all-powerful leader (Roman after Pax Romana is an excellent example of this in the West). Hopefully, this trend will end soon, but I doubt it. Zhiang Zemin is already following in the footsteps of his predecessors (which is a whole other spiel). I can't say at this time, if there will be any radical governmental change for the benefit of the Chinese people. And I fear that the US may be following China's example in this respect. The presidency seems to be gaining more and more power. While an Augustus may seem like a worthy leader, you almost always eventually end up with Neros.
Old December 19, 2001, 01:23   #26
Playa del Carmen
Warlord

Re: Most ridiculous leader
Quote:
Originally posted by Gaius Marius
Nah, she doesn't look like Little Bo Peep. She looks like something out of Disney's "Alice in Wonderland".

The angry Alexander distinctly reminds me of Max Payne, ancient Mao looks like he's wearing a mink stole to me, and Joan of Arc looks suspiciously like Shelly Long.
Oh well, at least if I destroy her empire, she could get work on 'Cheers'.
Old December 21, 2001, 20:54   #27
History Guy
King

Hey! Had they chosen Nebucchadenezzar II for Babylon instead of Hammurabi, his 'Mad' picture could have him with a large lump of grass clenched between his teeth!
Old December 22, 2001, 00:23   #28
Playa del Carmen
Warlord

Quote:
Originally posted by Gaius Marius
Only today had I seen Little Bo Peep Cleopatra. I see what you're talking about now.

Quote:
Originally posted by History Guy
Hey! Had they chosen Nebucchadenezzar II for Babylon instead of Hammurabi, his 'Mad' picture could have him with a large lump of grass clenched between his teeth!
Old December 22, 2001, 01:37   #29
allhailcaesar
Settler

Would have to vote for Cleo as Little Bo Peep as most ridiculous looking and vote for Joan D Arc as most ridiculous civ leader. Although most of them look pretty funny at the end game when you see their pics and their all beat up and bandaged and bloodied!
Old January 5, 2002, 11:06   #30
Fresno
Warlord

And what about Caesar? Since when Caesar has red hair???