Old November 8, 2001, 12:05   #1
Alynzia
Warlord

Local Time: 16:21
Local Date: October 31, 2010
It's so sad, but I love Morgan
In realising I'm setting myself up to be mocked and ridiculed , I am going to show you me in my homemade Morgan T shirt.

Alpha Centauri Forever! (Or at least until we get CivIII)

Alynzia.
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	ceolover.jpg
Views:	677
Size:	10.8 KB
ID:	5565  
Old November 8, 2001, 12:33   #2
MariOne
King

Local Time: 18:21
LOL, why ridiculed?

I wonder...
was this due to his factional characteristic?
Or do you love his handsome mature aspect?
Do you weari it only when playing?
Do you wear it when playing... another faction???
Do you wear it when playing another faction... and attacking Morgan???

Or do you also get around in public with it on?
In case, which reactions do you get by the public?

BTW nice pic, and cute idea!
Old November 8, 2001, 15:19   #3
Bella Hella
Prince

Local Time: 11:21

that's so cute!!!!!!!!!!

the best part is that probably no one has any idea what it is or what it means other than someone who plays SMAC. has anyone come up to you and said "OMG, it's morgan from alpha centauri"??

i love it! i wish i had an aki zeta-5 shirt!

Old November 9, 2001, 12:02   #4
RedFred
ACDG3 Gaians
King

Local Time: 09:21
Nice idea. Should I post a picture of my Gaian rose tatoo?

Just kidding. I don't have one. But I was thinking about getting one.
Old November 9, 2001, 12:17   #5
Caedfel
Settler

I like the longetivity vaccine movie with morgan in it.. really funny.. man, wow, funny. I laugh every time I see it.
Old November 9, 2001, 19:54   #6
Lucy In The Sky
Chieftain

Alynzia, You're not just another pretty face. You're smart, too. Morgan all the way. doreme rules.
Old November 10, 2001, 03:22   #7
Alynzia
Warlord

Where's my mocking?
Hey guys, thanks for the replies - and the lack of ridiculing!

As for the T shirt, it cost £3 to make. £1 for the special iron on paper and £2 for a plain T shirt. I'm not suggesting people make them though, I like to think my CEO Morgan T shirt is one of a kind!

I do also have an Aki Zeta one and a Prokhor Zakharov one. There is a funny WTC story about the latter one, believe it or not, which I'll post later.

Alynzia.
Old November 10, 2001, 08:00   #8
Alynzia
Warlord

As I Promised.
I told Vel my story, but I'm being brave enough to put it on the forum.

I spent the month of October in Manhattan, visiting family and stuff. I decided to pack my Zakharov T shirt because it's so damn cool (although Zak is nothing compared to Capitalist God Morgan.) It was a really summer like October in New York, for the most part, and one day was hot enough for me to go around just in a T shirt...

So I am walking down Lexington Ave, as you do, in my Zakharov T shirt and this Hispanic guy looks at me. 'Ooh,' I think, 'I've got an admirer!'. But he stops and says to me in his thick accent, "Oh, I'm so sorry - you lose your father in World Trade Center?"

Agh! I guess some people went around wearing dead relatives on T shirts after the disaster, but it was only Zakharov! Sufficient to say I didn't wear it for the rest of my holiday. (My cousin was like 'who's the fruit on your T shirt?')

In answer to my lovely replies...

I like Morgan and the Morganites, but I think I like my Morgan T shirt because he's sooo handsome!

I wear my T shirt to college, out in the city and around the house. It does get a few looks from passers by, but no one ever said they recognized him. At college, my friend asked if Morgan was Nelson Mandela! I did try and convince her Morgan was a real person for a while.

What I really wanted was a T shirt saying "I'm Okay, You're A Drone" - that would have been so cool. As would temporary SMAC faction symbol tattoos.

And something else at college was when I was wearing my Aki Zeta T shirt I was walking behind two guys who were discussing their love for Civ and SMAC, saying those were the greatest games ever. I was going to run up and show 'em my shirt, but when I got closer to them, one of them smelt so I kept quiet. I'm serious!

Alynzia
Who absolutely promises to start a serious thread next time she posts!
Old November 10, 2001, 09:29   #9
Gregurabi
Prince

Quote:
I was going to run up and show 'em my shirt, but when I got closer to them, one of them smelt so I kept quiet.
The moral of this story should be quite obvious.
Old November 10, 2001, 10:26   #10
Hydro
ACDG3 GaiansApolyton Storywriters' GuildSporePolyCast Team
King

Alynzia,

If you were looking for mocking you came to the wrong forum. Most or all of us can fully understand your interest and devotion, and this is a pretty friendly forum anyway (which is why I'm still here). Maybe I'll get inspired and get one for my favorite faction: the Gaians. Getting Dee's rose logo or image would be great. How did you get the image, though? Do vendors do them? Or specialty t-shirt shops?

Cadfael - are you a fan of Ellis Peters' books? I've always loved her mysteries revolving around the 12th Century Benedictine monk Cadfael!

Hydro
Old November 10, 2001, 16:06   #11
civcop
Chieftain

Morgan, the comedian!
Quote:
Originally posted by Caedfel
I like the longetivity vaccine movie with morgan in it.. really funny.. man, wow, funny. I laugh every time I see it.
That one cracks me up too. Morgan and Lal in a South Park-esque scene, Morgan doing jumping jacks...it's a riot. There is another movie (went blank and forget the project) that shows Morgan doing a back flip or cartwheel--something like that. All this makes me believe that Morgan is the most personable of the faction leaders (and yes, I realize they are ficticious). If SMAC 2 is made, it should allow the Morganites to build comedy clubs at each base and give the faction a morale boost in the process.
Old November 10, 2001, 18:59   #12
MariOne
King

Local Time: 18:21
hehe, I remember back at the owo days, jokes about "Lotus Morganizer", and about "Billy Morgan & the SMACing Pumpkins"...
Old November 10, 2001, 22:50   #13
RedFred
ACDG3 Gaians
King

Hydro, do you know where you can get a decent image of the Gaian faction symbol? The one on the tech chart isn't the best quality for a scan.
Old November 11, 2001, 08:27   #14
mark13
ACDG The Free Drones
King

Alynzia - post it in the OT. Then you'll get ridiculed

Great pic BTW
Old November 11, 2001, 09:01   #15
Googlie
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 GaiansACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
Emperor

RF (and Hydro):

Open the gaians.pcx file from your firaxis games/smac directory - pics and logos are there.

Also, you can get them at:

http://www.firaxis.com/smac/deirdre.cfm

G.
Old November 11, 2001, 10:00   #16
Hydro
King

RF and Googlie,

There are several Gaian rose icons in the pcx files, and I think the ones in Gaians3.pcx are the best. I like the Gaian rose icon that has little water droplets on it, but it is the one for the extermination of the Gaians with Dee in the punishment sphere!! Another good choice is the Gaian rose icon above a space view of Planet.

Now that Alynzia has inspired me I was thinking of a medium or hunter green t-shirt or sweatshirt with the large rose icon above Planet (as in Gaians3.pcx) across the chest on the front with the large font words "Walk with Planet" (and maybe with the words "OR ELSE" in smaller font underneath!) in bold black lettering on the back.

Now, does anyone know how or where to have this made into an iron-on decal or a t-shirt (or sweat shirt, now that it is November in Chicago)?

Hydro
Old November 11, 2001, 11:11   #17
Deimos
Prince

Hydro,

If you have access to an ink jet printer, you can print it out yourself. I know they make iron-on transfer paper for use with ordinary ink jet printers.

I've seen advertisments like "Make your own softball team shirts", etc. You may want to take a mosey over to CompUSA, Best Buy, or maybe OfficeMax and see what they have along those lines.
Old November 11, 2001, 11:25   #18
Hydro
King

Deimos,

Thanks for the tips!

I already tried printing on my modest (e.g. - cheap) Canon BJC-2010, and it was not a happy experience. The black sky with stars on Gaians3.pcx came out with nasty horizontal white streaks across it where the inkjet simply failed to apply ink. I will need to convince (con?) a friend who has a better resolution printer to help, or maybe print after work on a good injet (or maybe a color laser). If I get really ambitious I'll use the plotter.

Now that you mention it I recall that one of my office mates had t-shirts made for the company baseball team. I'll ask him. I'll also stop by Best Buy (or equivalent) and ask their helpful sales staff(s) for advice.

Hydro
Old November 11, 2001, 15:12   #19
Googlie
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 GaiansACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Hydro
The black sky with stars on Gaians3.pcx came out with nasty horizontal white streaks across it
(Maybe there is more meteorite activity around Alpha Centauri?)

G.
Old November 11, 2001, 15:29   #20
Sprayber
Apolyton Storywriters' Guild
Emperor

There is a store in the mall that does T-shirts and license plates and other things with custom pictures. IIRC, he will take drawings you have and make stuff like that. I bet if you looked around, you would find somthing like that in your city. I live in a relitivly small city (50,000)
Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh
Old November 11, 2001, 16:01   #21
Cybergod
Prince

Local Time: 17:21
Well, well, well! Isn't it Alynzia, our very own super-model! I still remember the faction-look-alikes thread!

Try dis: dye your hair blonde, cut it like Aki, and THEN wear the Cybernetic Consciousness shirt! Later on, pass by the two smellies ( ) and spray a deodorant (LYNX, preferably, if you have those in the US, never been there - or I might be incredibly stupid by saying this ) and say in their face with a flat, Aki-style voice:

"The Consciousness will not accept imperfection."

PS. A Yang symbol shirt would seem to Yin-Yangy...
Old November 11, 2001, 17:29   #22
Mr. President
MacSpanish CiversNationStatesNever Ending StoriesCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG Planet University of Technology
Emperor

Local Time: 02:21
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Wow, that's really cool! I had an idea a while ago for a military-type leather Pirate jacket, with the logo on the back. (That would actually work for any faction.)
Old November 15, 2001, 01:08   #23
Frankychan
ACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Local Time: 06:21
That's pretty freakin cool,
I don't think its lame (although your choice for a mentor is weird....jus' kidding!)

Anyway, if they made a Yang T-Shirt you'd bet your bollock's to a barn darts that I'd buy it. (I heard this from the movie SNATCH). Well, I guess some people like Morgan.....that's alright. Some people like Miriam (bleh). Some like Zakky (?). And some like Yang (!) Cool shirt though! Makes me jealous
"...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis
Old November 15, 2001, 19:05   #24
Fitz
King

Local Time: 08:21
All of you deserved to be mocked.

I'd say that its sad, but I'm wearing boots, a studded leather belt, and work pants right now, so I don't have room to speak.

Yer definately a hot one though Alynzia. Look me up if you ever come to L.A. Or maybe I'll let you know next time I'm coming home to England.
Old November 19, 2001, 21:01   #25
Xian
Warlord

The artist stole gods idea from denzel washington!

Awesome!
Old November 19, 2001, 21:05   #26
Xian
Warlord

Firaxis should make a custom dog-collared "mechanical ant" clothing line so i can look like yang.

When i first heard about the game and read about the faction, i imagined controling an army like the one on the cover of company flow's Funcrusher plus

It would be kewl
Old November 26, 2001, 16:55   #27
Alynzia
Warlord

Oh Indeed!
Whilst realising how immesely gay it is of me to bump my sad Morgan thread, I just wanted to ask if anybody else makes any Alpha Centauri things (like shirts and wallpaper) please attach pictures because I think it is interesting.

I had a faction leader council wallpaper on our computer and about Foreman Domai, my mum went - "Eugh, he's ugly... is he one of the aliens?"

And I'm sorry to post a sad picture, it is amazing what you can do with bulldogs and lipstick! Maybe even that horrid ACOL:Kitty girl could look acceptable... nah, probably not.

Alynzia.
Old November 26, 2001, 17:55   #28
Enigma
Prince

Ha ha- Morgan is the best!

As far as Civ3 don't get your hopes up... the game is extremely disappointing.

SMAC all the way!
Old November 27, 2001, 20:45   #29
Frankychan
ACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Local Time: 06:21
I don't know if Morgan is the best ....but at least he's better than Miriam!

If anyone can find a place that sells Human Hive stuff....youse gotsta post up duh address!

Yang Rules!!! Wooooo!
"...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis
Old January 4, 2002, 21:54   #30
Hydro
King

I finally got my butt in gear and made my Gaian t-shirt! It has a small Gaian logo on the front breast, and the phrase “Walk With Planet” and the Gaian symbol over Planet on the back. While I was at it I made another for the Peacekeepers for my die-hard PK devotee friend. My t-shirt is hunter green (of course) and the pk shirt is grey.

So, since I made TWO t-shirts does that make me even more pathetic?

(sorry about the picture quality...)
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	smac t-shirt back_rev.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	19.3 KB
ID:	8284  

Last edited by Hydro; January 4, 2002 at 22:03.