Old November 8, 2001, 15:29   #1
Lord Gek
Chieftain

Local Time: 16:22
Local Date: October 31, 2010
How About an Unsupported Beta Patch, Firaxis?
Hey Firaxians,

While I understand your position that you don't want to release some half assed patch to the world and that many of these fixes are going to take time and a lot of officious testing before your comfortable releasing anything with your name behind it, I think I have a decent idea for an interim solution...

How about an unsupported beta patch? Basically you folk release a patch that has already taken care of the easy fixes you folk have already implemented but just not thuroughly tested yet. People, at their own risk, can grab this FULLY UNSUPPORTED patch (unsupported meaning if it makes things worse for some folk that's their own tough luck and that the Ubi Soft tech support folk will not be there to help you with any issues resulting from THIS patch). Heck, you don't even have to fully document what you hope this patch has already cleared up, it can just be a replacement exe or something. This would also mean that folk here shouldn't expect any Firaxians to support problems they found with it here either since, odds are, by the time we get this little beta patch the programming crew and testers will be a couple of builds further down the line from us.

With stuff like the bombing routines being totally broken as well as that ability to get infinite cash in diplomacy out there, this game really does require some pretty immediate patching AND YET I fully appreciate your wanting to make sure the OFFICIAL PATCH is something your company has fully tested and can proudly stand behind.