Old November 9, 2001, 09:16   #1
Sherkon
Settler

Local Time: 16:22
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Civil Disorder for no reason?
I have a city with four unhappy citizens and eight happy (all mine own nationality). Suddenly it falls into disorder. Why? There wasn't any external events that just happened in my Civ immediately prior (that I know of). This has happened with other cities I have in similar circumstances.
Old November 9, 2001, 10:36   #2
SITS
King

Local Time: 16:22
If you click on the unhappy citizen then it should tell you...
'No room for human error, and really it's thousands of times safer than letting drivers do it. But the one in ten million has come up once again, and the the cause of the accident is sits, something in the silicon.' - The Gold Coast - Kim Stanley Robinson

'Feels just like I can take a thousand miles in my stride hey yey' - Oh, Baby - Rhianna
Old November 12, 2001, 09:36   #3
darkangel
Chieftain

Local Time: 01:22
Local Date: November 1, 2010
It might because you started a war with another nation and your government was a democracy or republic and your citizens became war weary. The same thing happened to me due to a mutual defense pact. Hell I was not even given the chance to decide not to declare I was forced into it due to the pact.

After about 50 turns my nation of over 50 cities with 40 having “love days” for me every day for years went into rioting! My science went down to 0% but that was not enough to stop the ruin of my empire. I could not take my luxuries beyond 50% because of costs.

Did you draft as well? I made the mistake of doing so with 15 units! The Aztecs rushed me with over 30 vets and elite cavalry - It was not a pretty picture! By the way that was only the first wave!!
Old November 12, 2001, 14:12   #4
Purple
Prince

Local Time: 11:22
Did you just sacrifice some of your citizens to rush-build an improvement or unit? I think this has a temporary adverse effect on morale. The duration or severity of the effect probably depends on how many citizens died .