Old November 9, 2001, 15:27   #1
Sgt Grimes
Settler

Local Time: 16:24
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Mega addictive!
Hi Everyone,
This is my first posting on the forum.

Firstly let me start by saying that the game is awesome!
Make no mistake....when you play Civ 3 10 or 15 hours can seem like minutes. It's even worse when your not playing it, because you will find yourself planning strategies at work or in Tescos!

Playing on Regent level presents a real challenge as the AI is mercyless, especially when it thinks your struggling. Luckily, wars can be quickly ended by simply eating some humble pie and paying the attacking race some gold (though this is only possible after the attacker/s have trashed a few improvements).

The diplomacy AI is imho the most powerful feature of the game.
You will quickly discover a few dirty, devious and treacherous tactics that will allow you to cause wars between nations and bring allies to your defense. Case in point....Greece declared war on me so I quickly formed a mutual protection pact with my immediate neighbour Germany. Greece then invaded my land at which point Germany crossed my borders and attacked the Greeks. After a short scuffle I made peace with the Greeks and
left Germany to it!
This gave me a little time to change Government, tweak up my research and eventually (7 hours later) win the game on score.
The following day on a different game the AI played exactly the same trick on me......absolutely brilliant, I love this game!

Cheers for now.