Old November 9, 2001, 19:54   #1
blueacara76
Settler

Local Time: 07:25
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Sam sites in the city don't attack bombers.
I didn't have any luck bringing down an enemy bomber. I have a SAM protected city and four interceptors on Air Superiority in it. Still the Chinese are destroying my fine German city improvents one after another. Major Bug?
Old November 9, 2001, 19:59   #2
Altuar
Warlord

Local Time: 11:25
Decidedly.

Sid should be so ashamed to ship a game with such a glaring bug which say "WE SKIPPED PLAYTESTING BECAUSE WE WANT YOUR MONEY" all over it that ... whatever.

Anyway, I removed all air units from the game using the editor. Takes away some of the fun from the modern wars, but still it's an interim "solution" till the patch is released.

Edit: And not only that, coastal fortresses seem unfunctional as well. And hoover dam giving bonus to only cities with access to rivers/lakes; as it is, once you construct Hoover Dam, it is given to ALL cities. Bah.
Old November 9, 2001, 20:08   #3
Zurai001
Chieftain

Local Time: 08:25
Quote:
Originally posted by Altuar
And hoover dam giving bonus to only cities with access to rivers/lakes; as it is, once you construct Hoover Dam, it is given to ALL cities. Bah.
Ummm, yeah, that's the point. In real life, Hoover Dam supplies power to cities that don't have rivers or lakes nearby, why should Civ be any different?
Old November 9, 2001, 20:14   #4
James7654
Settler

Local Time: 10:25
Altuar: did you, or someone else, e-mail Firaxis about these bugs?
I hope they fix it soon, because I am itching to play....
Old November 9, 2001, 20:48   #5
Altuar
Warlord

Local Time: 11:25
Quote:
Originally posted by Zurai001
Ummm, yeah, that's the point. In real life, Hoover Dam supplies power to cities that don't have rivers or lakes nearby, why should Civ be any different?
Bah again. Check the civilopedia. And the last two games.

And take a long, hard look at the game.. See anything abstracted? Yes? Good.
Old November 9, 2001, 22:24   #6
Argeye
Settler

Local Time: 08:25
I'm thinking (hoping!) the totally broken Air aspect of the current game will be a major, and absolutly necessary fix in the 1st patch.

I'll be taking out all the air units also because at this point, I actually have avoided modern war because I didn't feel like sitting for 5 minutes every round watching the AI blast me to bits while my sams/fighters did diddly squat against them. SAM+3-4 fighters set on Air-Sup in 1 city and after 2 rounds all the roads connected to the city were gone (1st square away) and not a single bomber was hit.. Horrible.. when the 3rd round of this started, I quit out of that game and started a new one.

I hope the balance between units is fixed too.. kinda makes me mad when I pitch an 8 atk unit against a 1 def unit, and either die, or get mashed down to red hits left =/