Old November 9, 2001, 22:55   #1
Stromprophet
Warlord

Local Time: 10:25
Local Date: October 31, 2010
This game is actually fun.(Kinda Long)
At first I was dissapointed.

I had trouble getting my sound to sink up, it still likes to bug out. Of course, I realize now it's my speakers. For some reason they have been wigging lately. But especially with this game.

No scenarios! The falacy, the lies! For shame. Oh well. This is a big loss too. As anyone who has played the game all the way thru realizes certain time periods are skipped all together and practically useless.

When I got to middle ages I just went for calvary and proceeded to raze the whole world to the ground. I'm a warmonger, I realized that I can still win warmongering. Now I just can't afford to take over seas cities. So being the ruthless emperor I am I simply raze other civs until they are completely obliterated. Sure, it's not as fun as managing them once I got them. But that's something that is really impossible in the corruption system.

It's hard! Geez, the computer is a bad***. I'm overcoming it finally on harder levels, but it mass spreads like old ICS.

No wonder movies, you must be kidding?

No multiplayer of course is cruddy.

But as I was finishing up a game the other day I realized how much I actually like this game. The screen is rather lively, the units are pretty cool, none of that CTP crap where the make crap units that mess the game up (ie slavers, televangelists, crap like this). I like the negotiations, though I find it hard to manage. The computer is too picky. And after 20 turns they always break the agreement and say it was unfair. Even if it was really fair.

I'm really liking combat actually. Having no trouble. Having more trouble with micro than with combat.

I love resources! This is awesome. I was just playing and I'm coasting along, I get to railroads! Yahhh, coal! Wait a second, I have dominated a whole continent. A huge land mass larger than all of Asia. And yet, there's no coal! Ahhhhhhhh, the Americans have some they haven't claimed yet. (They can't trade it, they don't have the tech) I start trying to establish cities, crap their culture expands! Yuck.

Well, only one solution. War. I secure a right of passage agreement. Start making roads, forts, and secure positions. I take out 4 cities (capture) in one turn. Raze some more to the ground, in order to secure peace. Yes. Coal!

That's why this game is fun. Because I can't predict how it's going to end. And that was what would happen in Civ II.

In multiplayer especially, it would become obvious who was going to win after a few years into the game. This game makes things a lot more complex than just being able to win. Loving it, although glitches, and some questionable problems. All in all, worth it.

Maybe as good as Civ II, maybe not, we shall have to see. Let's be realistic, Civ II was great when? After Civ II Gold came out. It was great. Scenarios, combined with Mplayer. And once we have that for Civ III we will be able to compare the 2 in a more accurate light.

I just though of something though. Anyone here ever player EU?(Europa Universalis). We need an AAR forum. After Action Report. They are very fun to write, very cool to read, and can help pass skills from player ot player. Basically you tell the story of your empire and your game. I've seen a few people doing this already, and it would be nice to have a forum specifically for these stories.
What do you guys think?