Old January 17, 2002, 00:43   #91
SITS
King

Local Time: 16:25
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Turn 2219 to ColDark

Will the Holy Flubber be changing his name within the game or does Deimos's name need to be honoured throughtout eternity?
'No room for human error, and really it's thousands of times safer than letting drivers do it. But the one in ten million has come up once again, and the the cause of the accident is sits, something in the silicon.' - The Gold Coast - Kim Stanley Robinson

'Feels just like I can take a thousand miles in my stride hey yey' - Oh, Baby - Rhianna
Old January 17, 2002, 14:43   #92
Flubber
Alpha Centauri PBEMACDG PeaceAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Local Time: 10:25
2219 to qantaga

The recently departed Deimos was much beloved by the Believer people. With the departure so fresh, it would be unseemly to so soon replace all the reminders of a great prophet. besides Brother Flubber does not seek self glorification but the glorification of the holiness that resides in each of us.
Old January 18, 2002, 10:18   #93
SITS
King

Turn 2220 to ColDark

Sorry for the 'cruise' ship near one of your bases but a faulty compass meant it went off course. I will of course be moving it in the next turn.
'No room for human error, and really it's thousands of times safer than letting drivers do it. But the one in ten million has come up once again, and the the cause of the accident is sits, something in the silicon.' - The Gold Coast - Kim Stanley Robinson

'Feels just like I can take a thousand miles in my stride hey yey' - Oh, Baby - Rhianna
Old January 18, 2002, 14:13   #94
Flubber
Alpha Centauri PBEMACDG PeaceAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

2220 to qantaga

I was intending to ask since the ship is technically in my territory at the moment (and with a secret police operative inside no less). I assume that the terms of our treaty make probing each other forbidden ??
Old January 18, 2002, 23:46   #95
Qantaga
King

Local Time: 11:25
2221 sent to SITS.

I was under the impression that probes were off limits for the duration of the non-aggression agreement, but I don't think we specifically addressed it. Probing would certainly seem to go against the spirit of the agreement.

Of course, since SITS will be removing the "cruise" ship, I'm sure the secret agent unit will be remaining on board as it turns toward home.
Old January 20, 2002, 12:56   #96
SITS
King

Turn 2221 to ColDark

I agree that probe actions are off limit and you will notice that the 'cruise' ship has moved with its passenger still on board.

I've called for Planetary elections. I've voted for myself and the all the AI have abstained.

Old January 21, 2002, 15:01   #97
Flubber
Deity

1812 to qantaga

I voted for myself but the early returns do not look encouraging.
Old January 21, 2002, 16:19   #98
Qantaga
King

Local Time: 11:25
2222 sent to SITS.

The election was won by Druid SITS with a vote of 444-395. Here's hoping that the power of the office will not corrupt you.
Old January 22, 2002, 13:00   #99
SITS
King

Turn 2222 to ColDark

Of course I will use it for the Greater Good™

Old January 22, 2002, 14:03   #100
ColDark
Civilization III PBEMAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMDiplomacy
Prince

Hurrah for Planetary Governor SITS.

Turn 2222 passed to flubber

Terry Pratchett
Old January 22, 2002, 19:04   #101
Flubber
Deity

2222 to qantaga

I opened the turn to find myself at vendetta with SITS . I suspect that you probed me in violation of the treaty. Please explain what happened.
Old January 22, 2002, 19:48   #102
SITS
King

Sorry forgot to mention it. I was talking to the Uni and they asked me to declare a vendetta on you and hoping to gain an advantage with them I did. Qantaga automatically followed. As we have an 'outside' treaty I didn't think it mattered much but I should have said.

ps The Uni gave me nothing

Old January 23, 2002, 01:01   #103
SITS
King

Turn 2223 to ColDark

What the hell happened to Mr Hive?????

The first part of the flood has happened....

Old January 23, 2002, 14:32   #104
Flubber
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by SITS
Turn 2223 to ColDark

What the hell happened to Mr Hive?????

The first part of the flood has happened....

Probably the same type of thing that has been happening to Mr Drones for the last number of turns. As for the flood , I am now fervently hoping that I acted to protect all my bases in time
Old January 23, 2002, 16:17   #105
Flubber
Deity

2223 to qantaga

message to the Gaians

While I acknowledge your freedom to fly amd sail through international airspace, I respectfully request that you refrain from sailing and flying through the base radii of my cities. Those boundaries are clearly marked and should be respected.

I note that the ship in my territory that you claimed to be lost has continued on a straight course and now continues to anchor just south of my mainland coast. A second ship has made an identical "error" and currently is anchored in my territory. This is additionally aggravated by the fact that both ships are reported to be carrying known spies and sabateurs. Does this ship also have a "faulty compass"?
Old January 24, 2002, 12:57   #106
SITS
King

Turn 2224 to ColDark

Sorry about being sloppy with my units - but they are on a peaceful exploration mission and with the sea levels rising and subsequent tidal waves, it is very hard to navigate. I assure you that they are absolutely no threat to anyone. But in the interests of international peace the units have been moved.

As to the Drones - I didn't take their bases in one go!

Old January 24, 2002, 17:37   #107
Flubber
Deity

2224 to qantaga

as for my Hive war, I gave them every opportunity to make peace. When they refused, the holy followers of the believers executed fanatical attacks in a holy jihad. They could not be restrained as they swept through Hive bases and clamoured to strike again at the unbelievers.
Old January 25, 2002, 00:33   #108
SITS
King

Turn 2225 to ColDark

Old January 28, 2002, 13:47   #109
Flubber
Deity

I don't know if coldark is busy but I have not received the most recent turn. My yahoo account has been unreliable from some sources (perfect from others-- go figure) so it might be wise to copy the turn to my alternate email address-- sharris41@hotmail.com
Old January 28, 2002, 15:22   #110
ColDark
Civilization III PBEMAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMDiplomacy
Prince

Sorry Flubber I have been off line all weekend. Just got back on this afternoon.

Turn will be on it's way shortly. I will use both emails until you tell me otherwise.

Cheers

ColDark

Terry Pratchett
Old January 28, 2002, 16:25   #111
ColDark
Prince

2225 On Its way to flubber both addresses.

Terry Pratchett
Old January 28, 2002, 21:57   #112
Flubber
Deity

Thanks--it appeared in both addresses so you can send to one or both as you see fit

2225 to qantaga
Old January 29, 2002, 01:37   #113
SITS
King

Turn 2226 to ColDark

Old January 29, 2002, 14:13   #114
ColDark
Prince

2226 to Flubber at Yahoo only

Terry Pratchett
Old January 29, 2002, 17:42   #115
Flubber
Deity

2226 to qantaga

In the news tonight

Another 4 bases found salvation this week and have sworn allegiance to the Believers. These former Hive citizens related the horrors of Hive rule as they were persecuted from freely exercizing their beliefs. Chapels in all 4 bases reopened today for the first time since the Hive's "prohibition of religion" edict of 2204. The Believer preachers were greeted by massive cheering crowds, eager to freely and publicly proclaim their faith
Old January 30, 2002, 12:09   #116
SITS
King

Turn 2227 to ColDark

The time for our blood truce is coming to an end. Would you care to extend it a further 10 years?

Old January 30, 2002, 13:33   #117
Flubber
Deity

Arch-bishop Flubber heard of the truce continuation offer

"What are they planning ?"

"We do not know advisor. Their goals remain a mystery to us"

" Have they opened their society to allow the free worship of the faithful ?"

" No advisor. They truly believe that our priests are spies sent to forment insurrection. They cannot seem to accept that we merely wish to tend to people's souls."

"Well this issue is too big for me to decide alone. I must convene the Council of Bishops, consult with the leaders of the Armies of God and of the Sacred Information Society. Then we must formulate a position to bring forth to the Joint council with the cyborgs. Call them all for a meeting tomorr . . . no wait, tomorrow is the beginning of the Rama-Hana-mas festivals and I must officiate . . . schedule the meetings for 3 days hence . . . military, then the SIA and finally the bishops. I will meet the cyborgs the day after that . . . In the meantime, send a message . . ."

----------------------------------------------------------------

Official Believer Communique

We have received your offer of a continuing peace and are currently studying the issue. Our response will be provided after deliberations with our allies.
Old January 31, 2002, 07:57   #118
ColDark
Prince

Extract overheard in a Secret Meeting held in a location, somewhere in Nautilus Terrritory...

...The incredible speed with which the faith of the Believers is being forced upon the inhabiants of Chiron is frightening. When will they attempt the same on us. I fear the time may come soon when we must take up arms and fight for OUR freedom...

This is NOT NECESSARILY the view of all Pirates, nor is it the view of the High Council, but I must say there is discontent in the camp.

ColDark

Terry Pratchett
Old January 31, 2002, 12:52   #119
SITS
King

Turn 2228 to ColDark - or will be when I can get my mailbox to kick it out!

Old January 31, 2002, 13:31   #120
ColDark
Prince

2228 to Flubber

Terry Pratchett