Old November 10, 2001, 14:57   #1
Q Classic
Emperor

Local Time: 11:28
Local Date: October 31, 2010
it's MY continent! MY continent! why won't the understand!?
hm... i've noticed, it doesn't matter that if i set water coverage to the maximum and have archipelago landmass, i always end up having somebody else on my continent...

is this just me being unlucky? or is it on purpose so i have to exterminate someone early?

(how distasteful, spilling blood early. no form at all. executions of those damn dirty enemy leaders should be done from afar using high tech weaponry, not from close range using bloody swords...)

i suppose i could scale back on the enemies i select, but...? on a huge map? surely the generator could put me alone somewhere to be my cute little isolationist self with fangs...
Old November 10, 2001, 15:30   #2
Pyrodrew
Prince

Local Time: 08:28
This is more of a problem with the map generator. If you load up the Editor & select a Huge World on Archipelago Islands... you don't get islands. You get jagged continents with a few islands. Even in the game if you view the picture for Archipelago with 60% water & Continents with 70% water they look almost identical! I wish there was a better variation.

To increase your odds of getting your own island - increase the water to 80% while on Archipelago. It increases your odds greatly... although you will probably still 1 continent somewhere & LOTS of ocean.
Old November 10, 2001, 15:33   #3
Setsuna
Warlord

You've gotta tell me something (Please.) What did you paraphrase that subject title from? It's driving me crazy! I have to know what it's from! ARGH!
Old November 10, 2001, 15:37   #4
Draco of GL
Settler

Local Time: 10:28
The game I'm playing now turned out like this. I was hoping to get a medium-sized island for myself, so I selected Archipelago (the farthest to the right), and a large map.

It became clear after exploring for a while that this was in no way, shape, or form an Archipelago. It was one big gigantic continent wrapped around the planet like a snake: most of the map WAS water, but what land was available was all in one huge continent. I was like "THIS is an archipelago???? WTF would Pangea look like?"

Chris
Old November 10, 2001, 16:45   #5
Q Classic
Emperor

Setsuna:

are you a Larsonite?
Old November 10, 2001, 16:50   #6
Pyrodrew
Prince

Local Time: 08:28
Quote:
It became clear after exploring for a while that this was in no way, shape, or form an Archipelago. It was one big gigantic continent wrapped around the planet like a snake: most of the map WAS water, but what land was available was all in one huge continent.
Exactly. Even with Archipelago & 80% water you cannot guarantee you will not get continent(s), only decrease the odds. With 80% water Archipelago on huge maps I always see atleast 1 large continent.
Old November 10, 2001, 16:59   #7
Setsuna
Warlord

Ohhhhh, now I remember.

"It's MY couch, MY couch! Why don't they understand!?"

*EDIT*

Thanks for the reminder Q Cubed.

Last edited by Setsuna; November 10, 2001 at 17:11.