Old November 19, 2001, 15:56   #61
Oerdin
Deity

Local Time: 09:30
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Dan Magaha FIRAXIS

David,

While I have no "official" news to report, I can tell you that we do take the needs of scenario and mod builders seriously -- work continues to be done on the editor, and the first patch will bear this out. I can't give you any dates because to my knowledge nothing has been set in stone yet. I know you're all ready to get started, just bear with us.

Dan
Dan,
This is very heartening to hear. I've been delaying my purchase of Civ 3 because of the numerous reports that the game was buggy and/or incomplete, however, if I could get some sort of assurance from Firaxis that an honest effort will be made to patch the game, and that it will not be abandoned, then I would go out and buy Civ3 today. I know I'm not the only one who feels this way; so what are the odds that we'll get some sort of concrete commitment from Firaxis such as the patch's release date and/or what will be covered by the patch (preferably on the Civ3 web site)?

Thanks in advance,

John
Old November 19, 2001, 16:15   #62
TCO
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 06:30
Re: Boycott Civ 3
Quote:
Originally posted by Hoek
In extension from our unanswered "open letter to Firaxis," where the scenario community was effectively snubbed, I am proposing that anyone who dissapproves of Firaxis not including a decent editor and not providing us any information on future upgrades should simply refuse to buy the game until Firaxis shows at least some consideration of the scenario-making community. Why should I pay fifty dollars on the HOPE that Firaxis will erase their mistakes by providing a bang-up editor. Until they show us a decent editor, we shouldn't give them any money. We need to make it financially risky to push an unprepared product onto the market.
If it's not good enough sans editor, don't buy it. I'm waiting for the patches myself.

Why make such a bid deal out of "boycott"? Sounds like you think the game is good enough without the editor to pay for...but you want to coerce them into providing it.
Old November 19, 2001, 16:29   #63
TCO
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 06:30
Quote:
Originally posted by Oerdin

Dan,
This is very heartening to hear. I've been delaying my purchase of Civ 3 because of the numerous reports that the game was buggy and/or incomplete, however, if I could get some sort of assurance from Firaxis that an honest effort will be made to patch the game, and that it will not be abandoned, then I would go out and buy Civ3 today. I know I'm not the only one who feels this way; so what are the odds that we'll get some sort of concrete commitment from Firaxis such as the patch's release date and/or what will be covered by the patch (preferably on the Civ3 web site)?

Thanks in advance,

John
I wouldn't buy it (if you feel a patch is needed) until the patch is out and reviewed.
Old November 20, 2001, 03:06   #64
Rasbelin
Emperor

Local Time: 18:30
Quote:
Originally posted by toadi

So stop whining and give some good strategies!!!!!
Okay, here's some "good ones"...

1. Build a settler, so that you could build new cities.
2. Don't build any Great Wonders. They're just waste of time.
3. Cause civil disorder in any of your cities, so that you could watch the smoke rise from the city.
4. Constant anarchy is the best governmental form.

Hopefully these hints will help you.

Toadi, for strategies go to the strategy forum and for help inquiries, I refer you to the help group.
Old November 20, 2001, 04:07   #65
Dis
ACDG3 SpartansC4DG Vox
Deity

Local Time: 09:30
don't buy it

case closed!!

close this thread please
Old November 20, 2001, 13:15   #66
Bakunine
Warlord