Old November 11, 2001, 01:45   #1
Malthis
Settler

Local Time: 08:30
Local Date: October 31, 2010
corruption and Police Stations
ok, I've played a full game now and am digesting my thoughts for a nice letter to Firaxis. I LOVE this game. I can go on and on about what I love like resources, espoinage, and other changes, but would rather spend time dealing with problems I encountered.
Here's the first one.
Corruption stinks.... but unlike most who want a flat reduction in corruption levels, I say kill two birds with one stone. Police Stations are useless, unless you're at war and unless you're a republic/democracy (even then they are weak solutions). Now, when I go Democratic, it's cause I don't want war anyway, and If I am Communist and go to War, what use are the Police Stations? ZERO.
This is a glaring misrepresentation of what Police Stations actually do (In real life) which is reduce crime, aka Corruption. Don't get me wrong, I like that it combats war weariness (even though I fail to see the real life connection), but to solve the imbalance in corruption levels that everyone is mentioning, let's whip Police Stations into what they should be, AN EXTENSION OF COURTHOUSES.

Dear Fraxis, I know that this and other changes we suggest would mean more testing and actual changes to your product. As a software qualtiy assurance tester I know the last thing you want to do is change functionality of your product after it's been released. Normally it would mean updates to things such as the manual, and not just a patch. However, after reading your manual, it can say that it is a waste of time to all but the newly aquainted to the Civ series. It is full of errors, lacks VITAL information some of which (Hotkeys) I could only get though forums, does not even mention the editor (which tells me how ready That is for release), and leaves out Civilopedia information which tells practically everything about the functionality of improvements. This is good though, it means change is mearly a modified Civilopedia and pdf manual in a patch and later release. No excuses, Sid.
For the moment, I consider myself a beta tester, as this product was not polished enough out the door. Especially in the Modern era, things fall apart. I wait with baited breath to see what corrections will be made.