Old November 11, 2001, 03:45   #1
Leonid
Chieftain

Local Time: 11:31
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Questions about Breaking Diplomatic Agreements
Do all agreements last 20 turns? Is there any way to see how many turns are left in a diplomatic agreement? Or when it is ok to break them without sullying your reputation? I asked England to declare war and bribed england 200 gold and she made peace 6 turns later and my diplomatic advisor calls here a liar and a cheat now. But does this same rule apply to the initiator of the deal? The one who paid the bribe?

Example:

You are at war with Germany and you ask India to declare war on Germany, you give India 300 gold and India declares war. Then you make peace with Germany 3 turns later. Will your reputation suffer? or is that ok?

I am a little confused about this. If you were the briber I don't see why that would hurt your rep. But I am not for sure.

Any way to see time remaining on diplomatic agreements? Any way to tell if a country has broken one with you? Sometimes I can't tell how mnay turns it lasted.
Old November 11, 2001, 04:35   #2
francium
Settler

Local Time: 00:31
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Yes. In my current game I was having a war early with the Persians (coz I've stolen all his iron and my great empire blocked him from further expansion). I asked the Babylonians and the Japanese for alliance.

Just 3 turns later the Persians noticed that they were no match to my advanced units. They begged for peace and I accepted. The Japanese and Babylonians never liked me after that..
Old November 11, 2001, 04:43   #3
Earthling7
Mac
Prince

Local Time: 17:31
When you go into negotiations, there are two things at the bottom of the screen, New and Active. There you can re-negotiate any current agreements.

I wonder though, can you convince someone to break an Embargo they made with someone against you? I other words, influence third party deals?
Old November 11, 2001, 15:18   #4
Leonid
Chieftain

Local Time: 11:31
Do war alliances last 20 turns I wonder? If you click on active will it tell you how many turns are left. The thing is some of these might be going on longer than 20 turns and I need to break it. Or does the AI always break after 20 turns is up?