Old November 11, 2001, 06:15   #1
D4everman
Prince

Local Time: 16:31
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Land Grab
In my current game as the Greeks the AI actually made me laugh with its desire to expand like mad.

The Egyptians (who I have to say should be considered with caution much like Yang or Miriam in Smac. I say this because any time in any game I ask them to withdraw Cleo always says they will and then doesn't) had settlers constantly trying to reach an area of 'open' land in the heart of my empire. (it was full of jungle. I had workers clearing it but no city i it) Finally I built the city because I knew sooner or later they'd sneak one in. But then...

They dropped a settler off on a one tile coastal square and built a city! One tile! A DESERT tile! Then the romans did the SAME thing! Both cities revolted soon after. WTF? Doesn't the AI see how pointless a city like that is?
Old November 11, 2001, 08:30   #2
LaRusso
King

Local Time: 18:31
hehehe, well i built some to claim some desert...important later for oil. and i was right
i like AI frenzy......compells me to act
You are so anti-america that having a conversation with you would be poinless. You may or maynot feel you are an enemy of the United States, I don't care either way. However if I still worked for the Goverment I would turn over your e-mail address to my bosses and what ever happen, happens.
Old November 11, 2001, 08:39   #3
Eli
Civ4 SP Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliC4DG VoxCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 19:31
Quote:
Originally posted by LaRusso
hehehe, well i built some to claim some desert...important later for oil. and i was right
i like AI frenzy......compells me to act
Yes, when I played the Ring World map with the Persians I started in the south-eastern corner, and my best move was to take over a big desert by building 6-7 small crappy cities that were costing me lots of gold... But then, when the Oil popped up.
Old November 11, 2001, 08:44   #4
Haphazard
Warlord

When these pointless cities revolt to your cause, I think there are two options: 1 welcome them in 2 Rebuff them. What does the 2nd one do? Does the city disband?
Old November 11, 2001, 08:55   #5
Eli
Civ4 SP Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliC4DG VoxCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 19:31
I dont think so. Probably just stays with the "mother" civ.
Old November 11, 2001, 18:23   #6
FourStarG
Settler

ya, rebuffing the rebels just letem keep it.
which is kinda a pointless option, i mean why would you turn down a city that is more than likley right in the middle of your base
Old November 11, 2001, 19:50   #7
Dienstag
Warlord

Quote:
why would you turn down a city that is more than likley right in the middle of your base
...because its name is New Karachi and that just seems a little odd between Konigsburg and Leipzig. ...one of these things is not like the other...

yes I know you can rename them. I just found it somewhat amazing that the Indians built a city (New Karachi) on a chunk of Jungle left on on the far fringe of MY continent...and after I took it and renamed it Charlottenburg (I was running low on good German names) they went and made another New Karachi a little further down....for diplomatic reasons that one stayed as is until shortly after I got Panzers