Old November 12, 2001, 06:45   #1
Simpleton
Prince

Local Time: 09:36
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Largest city (theoretically)
I was just wondering if anyone's heard what the largest theoretical size a city can grow to in Civ3. I know in Civ1 with grassland all around you could get to 48 (or something around that) and Civ2 was 42.
The largest city I've grown so far has been 22 but I got stuck on a continent with quite a bit of desert on it so I know you can go bigger than that. In my latest game I have a great continent in which to spread my wings so I hope to get some of my cities into the mid 30's. It's still early and I haven't yet discovered Sanitation so many of my cities are stalled at 12.
Any one else?
Old November 12, 2001, 06:54   #2
Ray K
Prince

Local Time: 11:36
Re: Largest city (theoretically)
Quote:
Originally posted by Simpleton
I was just wondering if anyone's heard what the largest theoretical size a city can grow to in Civ3. I know in Civ1 with grassland all around you could get to 48 (or something around that) and Civ2 was 42.
The largest city I've grown so far has been 22 but I got stuck on a continent with quite a bit of desert on it so I know you can go bigger than that. In my latest game I have a great continent in which to spread my wings so I hope to get some of my cities into the mid 30's. It's still early and I haven't yet discovered Sanitation so many of my cities are stalled at 12.
Any one else?
I once cut a Jungle-infested region into all Grassland and had a city up to size 37. I might have been able to get higher but the game was wearing me down.
Old November 12, 2001, 08:25   #3
CarnbY
Settler

Local Time: 17:36
Biggest city I've had so far is 40...
Old November 12, 2001, 08:32   #4
General Ludd
NationStates
Emperor

Local Time: 16:36
I imagine the biggest city possible would have to be surrounded by wheat.

I've seen the computer with a size 42 city before.