Old November 12, 2001, 13:54   #1
SuiteSisterMary
Chieftain

Local Time: 16:38
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Got the AI to give me a city!
So I'm sitting around, no saltpeter. I had saltpeter, but it got depleted. Went away. Also, I really really wanted a Great Leader to hurry the dang Forbidden Palace up, having a huge bloody empire after spanking the Egyptians and Romans.

So I'm about to go to war, in this case with the Japanese, who have lots of saltpeter, including some in a city right beside some of my territory. My good buddies the Greeks beat me to it though, so I happily fufilled my treaty obligations, delighting in the fact that I wasn't the bad guy.

So anyway, after everybody else jumps in, Japan actually does a very VERY good job of keeping us all at bay. One civ after another signs a peace treaty with them.

Anywho, I took the city in question. Twice. Each time, it revolted, each time taking an army and no fewer than six veteran and elite calvary with it. A second Japanese city did the same thing once. Really annoying.

Then, up comes Japan asking for peace. I figure 'Why not ask?' and added the city (by now, down to 1 pop from 12, and quite decimated) and what do you know? We're getting close to a deal!

Can't get the image to upload here, so I'll just linky to it.