Old November 12, 2001, 16:32   #1
Kc7mxo
King

Local Time: 11:38
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Exactly whose idea was this?
Ok. I've been playing a regent game, standard map, 7 opponeents. I've had the usual problems with that #$%#@^ governor, but I've accepted him. And, I've come to the realization that it takes two modern armor to kill one #%^#@ rifleman in a metropolis. Ok. Fine.

But who the #%&@'s idea was it to have city's switch allegiance during a #$%#^@ war!?!?!!?! My invasion army consists of some 50 units, i've landed on the german soil, they're fighting hard, but i'm pushing inland, slowly. (Damn riflemen)

And then the cities behind me "depose me" and my own troops switch allegiance. What? Did my horde of well trained and well paid troops just transfer loyalty because they're in germany?

If this had happened in ww2 the german's would never have gotten anywhere cause the frenchies would have just conviced the german soldiers it was better to be french.

I thoguht we ditched spies and diplo's to prevent the moronic bribing of cities, but ##^#@ culture put it back.

I know this isn't the first time its been brought up, but when an invading army can be completly assimilated by those they're invading just cause they're on their soil, something is &^%$ed up.

This BITES.
Old November 12, 2001, 16:43   #2
Sevorak
Warlord

Local Time: 16:38
If it makes you feel any better, your units didn't switch sides along with the cities. They were destroyed, presumably valiantly fighting the horde of citizens.

-Sev
Old November 12, 2001, 16:47   #3
Kc7mxo
King

Local Time: 11:38
no. it doesn't. not in the least. thats even worse. so the size three city that had 6 marines in it, what? killed my army? hmmm. wonder why the didn't help WHEN I WAS INVADING.

Damn. And I've been having a rather lot of fun with this current game. And then. . . . this happens. i just don't get some of these design choices. did anyone at firaxis even bother to play the game?