Old November 13, 2001, 01:39   #1
bigfree1

Look at these border's: They don't make sense?
Do these make sense to anyone?
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	untitled-1 copy.gif
Views:	435
Size:	123.9 KB
ID:	5789  

Old November 13, 2001, 01:42   #2
GNGSpam
Warlord

Local Time: 16:41
Local Date: October 31, 2010
You cant "control" deep water. Freedom of the seas my man. So it has the blocks in your cultural radius not marked for the deepest level of the ocean.
Old November 13, 2001, 01:48   #3
bigfree1

Then it would make sense to say that if you can't control the "deep sea" you shouldn't be able to control across it either. The area across shouldn't be within my control.

Old November 13, 2001, 01:50   #4
GNGSpam
Warlord

Local Time: 16:41
Yeah, but its just a game, thats the least of your worries
Old November 13, 2001, 02:03   #5
bigfree1

I know, just another small thing in a miriad of things that could've/should've beeen fixed and was promised by Firaxis for the longest time. I was led to believe that they REALLY were working so hard to put together the bet game possible, they juast left out that they forget a few rounds of honest playtesting! Everyone knows you have to have someone else check your work; if every screenwriter edited their owns movies, do you think anything would actually be left of the editing room floor?

Old November 13, 2001, 02:03   #6
bigfree1

I know, just another small thing in a miriad of things that could've/should've beeen fixed and was promised by Firaxis for the longest time. I was led to believe that they REALLY were working so hard to put together the best game possible, they juast left out that they forget a few rounds of honest playtesting! Everyone knows you have to have someone else check your work; if every screenwriter edited their owns movies, do you think anything would actually be left of the editing room floor?

Old November 13, 2001, 02:03   #7
bigfree1

I know, just another small thing in a miriad of things that could've/should've beeen fixed and was promised by Firaxis for the longest time. I was led to believe that they REALLY were working so hard to put together the best game possible, they just left out that they forget a few rounds of honest playtesting! Everyone knows you have to have someone else check your work; if every screenwriter edited their owns movies, do you think anything would actually be left of the editing room floor?

Old November 13, 2001, 02:04   #8
bigfree1

I know, just another small thing in a miriad of things that could've/should've beeen fixed and was promised by Firaxis for the longest time. I was led to believe that they REALLY were working so hard to put together the best game possible, they just left out that they forget a few rounds of honest playtesting! Everyone knows you have to have someone else check your work; if every screenwriter edited their own movies, do you think anything would actually be left of the editing room floor?

Old November 13, 2001, 02:04   #9
bigfree1

I know, just another small thing in a miriad of things that could've/should've beeen fixed and was promised by Firaxis for the longest time. I was led to believe that they REALLY were working so hard to put together the best game possible, they just left out that they forget a few rounds of honest playtesting! Everyone knows you have to have someone else check your work; if every screenwriter edited their own movies, do you think anything would actually be left on the editing room floor?

Old November 13, 2001, 02:07   #10
bigfree1

I guess I REALLY needed to get my point across.

I actually don't know what happened here, I see double posts by people sometimes, but never like this, sorry.

Old November 13, 2001, 06:45   #11
Provost Harrison
Apolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV PBEMPolyCast Team
Deity

Local Time: 17:41
You can say that again...

Perhaps this should be sorted out so that borders have to be contiguous with a city, so these little pockets do not occur.

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith
Old November 13, 2001, 07:10   #12
Grumbold
Emperor

Local Time: 17:41
Border smoothing was promised and there was a prior post that made it look as if such was taking place when an uncontrolled tile was absorbed because it was bordered on 3 sides by the same empire. Looks like one of the many little slip ups.
Old November 13, 2001, 07:17   #13
DaddyCool
Chieftain

Local Time: 11:41
bigfree...that double-post thing used to happen to me all the time when i was using netscape6...if i pressed 'back' and went throught that interim page that told me my message had been posted, it would repost...dunno if that's what happened to you, but maybe...
Old November 13, 2001, 07:21   #14
Max Webster
Prince

Local Time: 11:41
baahh...petty.. big deal, crap like that doesn't even bother me,especially in the ocean.
Old November 13, 2001, 10:40   #15
klesh
King

Local Time: 12:41
Woah...
A sextuple post!!! Amazing!

-FMK.
Old November 13, 2001, 13:08   #16
bigfree1

Hey! It was only five.

Old November 13, 2001, 13:49   #17
LoneWolf
Settler

Local Time: 10:41
Have you never heard of nations disputing control of remote fishing banks? Or maybe there are small islands in that shallow water which don't show up at the scale of the game. . . Use your imagination man!