Have anybody won at deity yet?
Achnor
Old November 13, 2001, 13:17   #2
Sava
PolyCast Team
Emperor

Local Time: 11:41
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Yes, I beat a quick game on deity on Oct 31st when I got the game. I was the English on a small map against 3 other civs. I conquered them in 1280 AD.

Every game I've played since has been on Regent. The computer gets too much of an advantage on deity. Conquering on deity is just massing troops and sending 5 swordsmen to kill one spearmen unit. It's quite retarded. Although, that's how I discovered how to IFE. It's the only way to level the playing field. Read my thread on IFE if you don't know what it is.
Old November 13, 2001, 16:18   #3
G.A
Chieftain

Local Time: 18:41
Do you advertise your IFE in every post?
Just make a signature - will save you some typing
Old November 13, 2001, 19:15   #4
kimmygibler
Warlord

Local Time: 09:41
It's not official until you make up a three letter acronym. That way you can needlessly confuse everyone. What? You don't know about IFE, you must be a newbie! My main strategy is to always build warriors first. Or BWF as I like to call it...

Mabye I'll put that in my signature... kimmygibler, the inventor of the now universal BWF strategy...
Old November 13, 2001, 20:52   #5
alva
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Cake or Death?PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

best laugh ive had all day
no smartaz replies here please
Old November 14, 2001, 08:40   #6
Sava
PolyCast Team
Emperor

Local Time: 11:41
Quote:
Originally posted by kimmygibler
It's not official until you make up a three letter acronym. That way you can needlessly confuse everyone. What? You don't know about IFE, you must be a newbie! My main strategy is to always build warriors first. Or BWF as I like to call it...

Mabye I'll put that in my signature... kimmygibler, the inventor of the now universal BWF strategy...
LoL... I just am trying to make people better at Civ so I actually have challenging games when MP comes out.

Do you watch a lot of "Full House" or something?
Old November 14, 2001, 11:51   #7
cgrecu
Settler

Somebody said that he won the game on Deity level at first try.Well IFE or not IFE this just can't be true.
Either you were a good Civ2 player and you tried to play the game in the ol' Civ2 style and you lose on (almost) all levels,
either you are new to Civ series and then you will lose an all levels easily.
Old November 14, 2001, 13:43   #8
challenge
Chieftain

Local Time: 10:41
We may actually be getting posts from high level Civ II or SMAC players that are winning, or coming close on diety or regent, but some of the earlier posts actually described events and situations that I have found impossible under the new system in Civ III; either they go against the rules or the information presented has been unduplicable.

Personally, I haven't been in a hurry to beat the game on any level. I play the game for fun, not for bragging rights of how well I say I did. I moved up one from the lowest level because that one was way too easy for what I was doing. I tend to restart games after a while to view how the screens work, what they tell me as I go and how to relate that into usable technique (strategies).

The game I have going now, for example, is the first one that I plan to move into the second era. I've tried a variety of Civilizations, different ideas of what to research and when, along with the mix of units. Only once did I change to a government different than despotism; of course, that will happen in this one -- I just can't decide between Monarchy and Republic. (Last time it was republic).