Old November 13, 2001, 12:12   #31
Robert Plomp
admin
DiploGamesBtS Tri-LeaguePolyCast TeamC4WDG Team Apolyton
Administrator

Local Time: 18:42
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Quote:
that way I know we can both go back and laugh at our posts instead of carry a grudge to our graves.
I guess you haven't been at the Off Topic forums yet

Ask Provost Harrison.......
Old November 13, 2001, 12:14   #32
TheDarkside
Civilization IV Creators
Prince

Local Time: 12:42
Quote:
Originally posted by LaRusso

darkstar, IMHO at some point they have to depart from realistic concepts and make it just fun. take, for instance world wonders. they are just symbols......
I totally agree LaRusso. Too much realism is boring, but too little is sometimes frustrating. It's hard to find the middle ground known as fun It might be just me, but I find it less then fun to lose half my army in a city I had them garrisoned in due to the city defecting for culture. It was a pretty odd scenario, but it went sort of like: me and Japan went to war, I just sacked his capitol and my whole assault force stayed in the city to heal for one turn, next turn that city defects to Persia off in the distance, who had nothing to do with the war. I didn't have a chance to rush build a temple or anything It's not enough for me to say the game "sucks" because I truly enjoy the game, but It's enough for me to express my opinion in hopes of getting the situation some attention.
Old November 13, 2001, 12:18   #33
LaRusso
King

perfectly valid. i had size 16 aztec city next to my athens defect to me and then, after i rushbuilded some thingies, revert back to stupid aztecs. now go figure. it took 2 panzers and 2 mechinfs with it....argh
ditto washington before, but i captured it again
You are so anti-america that having a conversation with you would be poinless. You may or maynot feel you are an enemy of the United States, I don't care either way. However if I still worked for the Goverment I would turn over your e-mail address to my bosses and what ever happen, happens.
Old November 13, 2001, 12:23   #34
TheDarkside
Civilization IV Creators
Prince

Local Time: 12:42
Yeah that brings up a funny point, I once had a size 22 city defect to me from Rome, but this city was actually embedded into the roman empire (on the edge though) so the problem was that defected city lost all culture so its borders went down to 8 squares around the city. By the time the culture built up enough to expand the border after rush building a temple, the city starved down to size 15. I guess that gave the second thoughts about defecting
Old November 13, 2001, 12:27   #35
Grumbold
Emperor

Local Time: 17:42
I've got real problems with cities converting despite huge garrisons, but that's being debated in another more serious thread
Old November 13, 2001, 14:43   #36
Tre976
Settler

Local Time: 16:42
Quote:
Originally posted by Dev
LaRusso, you sir are an idiot.

I'm patiently waiting for YOU to post anything insightfull about
Civ3, well just anything game relating to the GAME Civ3 at all.

All you post is junk about how much everybody but yourself and your FIRAXIS IS PERFECT, NO CAN'T MAKE MISTAKES circle jerk group supposedly whine.

/dev
No, I have to agree with LaRusso, there seems to be an inordinate amount of people who just live to find things to ***** about.
Old November 14, 2001, 05:12   #37
Dev
Warlord

Quote:
No, I have to agree with LaRusso, there seems to be an inordinate amount of people who just live to find things to ***** about.
There also seem to be an inordinate amount of people who just live to kiss *** and ***** about other peoples "*****ing".

/dev
Old November 14, 2001, 06:05   #38
Zylka
Civilization II MultiplayerDiploGamesApolytoners Hall of Fame
King

Gee. Since some of you f*cking retards still insist on justifying all of this games obvious shortcomings with hastily drawn up and irrelevant examples, I guess it's time to belittle and completely destroy your arguments. Sorry to have pulled this baby out of retirement, but I'll add a bit to it in the end. Best wishes.
Old November 14, 2001, 06:06   #39
Zylka
King

oK So wha6t I'm, all sick about is peeps trashing a perfectlty gewd game which thousands more peeps is perfectly enhjoying!! Ok so its won thing to constructifly criticize, quit another 2 go off on a rant on all this games kewl features WHICH I Love. SO go back to your old civ2 cuz I was here first and U R wasteing our bandwith

Just think about it! Every1 who iz telling you to shut up and leave the forums is having a good time to playing this game, so why can't you just shut up and not try to have any features changed in tha new patch!@# I KNOW that I don't have to download tha new patch if I dont want 2 but it's the principle, leave our perfect game alone....

aND hey, even you guyz who is complaining is still having fun playing the game but might want sum stuff changed, but why is that?! Fun is fun is fun, and iff the game is at all gewd now U don't need to change it ONE BIT!

I MEean - thar is all these trivial complaints that U have but that we don't wanty changed! LIKE:

-I like it when dar nuculer submariner is defeated by da Firgate! I just justifies it by the fact that sum subs have accidents and blow themselves up, anyone remember the Kursk?!?! Jeez guys

-I like it when mai Knight kills a tank! cuz that's one less ebemy tank for me and one more surviveded Knight... and I also justifies it that the knights R smrt enuff to probably stick their lances down the barrel of the enemy tanks, which means that the tanks would shoot and the shells would bounce back into the ammunition compartment of the tank anfd blow the tank up BOOM!! I mean, hey, even knights are humans, and smart enough to do such a thing.

- So in conclusion combat doesn'ty need to be changed back to hit points and firepower. Case closed!

-And also I love the raze feature. U should be able to raze a city of any size (even 1 million ctiiznes ) with even 1 of the most primitive units! I mean it only makes cents that a nuclear weapon would only dastroy half of dar modern city, but that a pack of 150 warriors (monkeys with war axes), can raze it to da ground in an instat - skyscrapers and all! I mean skyscrapers aren't invincible, look what happened on september the 11th 20012...

-Culture is a cool Gnu feature which works according to its description! I feel good that the ai is getting my cities frum cultural revolt even thougt I have higher culture than them. And it's cool that firaxis implemented the abstract of immigration and emmigration in a simple form of whole cities handing themselves over to opposing empires. Right on, think tank1

-Coatal fortresses don't shoot at passinfg ships?? who cares, what are we here to complain about bugs?!?! Stop wasting my bandwith!@#

-Air superiority iz broken?! Like I said bucko, go back and whine it 2 your momma! I dont care about bugs I is having fun.

-Ok but I AM glad that I bout the limited edition package! thar is a tin biscuit cookie which I can put my diapers in and thar is a tech tree chart that is worth the extra 25 bones. It is off centred and you can't reads it, so it just shows that they didn't waste effort on things like tech charts and instead put the effort into this flawless game. Htey even gave us limited edition designers notes which are so top secret that I can't seem to find them yet! How bout that???

-So some of U is having logical complaints about not having a multiplayer version installed. Well I can tell you taht why would you even want multiplayer? I mean U r fighting against a computer that is smarter than the human mind so why would U want to take a step backwardz into playing against mindless humans? Ok but anyway if you still insist on the multiplayer it is going to comes out in March and u can get a free gift certificate for it if you have already installed civ3 original on your computer and iff you give another 35$ - how bout that 4 more generosity from firaxians~!!~

-Argghg and why would U complain about not having scenarios, a decent editor, a world map, and all that odder backwardz crap civ2 had - argghh u r so dumb.

-The next point is that I forget what elzse I was going to argue about. c ya, sorry

So in conclusion STOP fighting for changes in a game you hope to love. Just enjoy the game and keep your mouthes shut because I am enjoying it. You might be enjoying it too but that is NO logical reason to complain of flarws. Da firaxians don';t even know about dis apolyton site anyway so you can't influence nothing.

Oh abd by the way I can't wait until tjhe next patch comes out! even though I hate the changes you guys want and R telling you to shut up I will still accept them when they come around in the patch! So bombs away, let';s go a downloadin'

Now I'm off to go reply to threads I don't like with a snoozing emoticon and a one line quip that is irrelevant! because I am original and I am worth it
Old November 14, 2001, 06:08   #40
Zylka
King

Civ Meiers also hit the nail on the head 4 corruption!
I wewd just like to add that corruption rocks!!! All you peeps who sez that the corruption is broken is worng!! I mean I don't care if different goverbnments don't change corruption at all as they is supposed to, cuz I like every one of my cities outside of a 10 sqwar radius of mai capital to produce 1 gold and one shield

it's like that because it's realistic>! especially in the modern age, cuz corruption is mostest realistic in tha modern age. Remembar that poltician who shot his brains out on national tv becuz he was going to be sentenced to life in prison for corruption and brib4ry??? That was in tha good ol' US of A and tells you that corruption iz live and well in tha moset "productive" nation in tha world - and that even a court ruling won't make them sleaze ball politicians admit they are wrong like tha guy who incested he wuz innocent and said he wuz just on his way to an american gulag and it was unfair even though he was innocently!#@RFV

oH and that also proves whgy courthoses don't elleviate coreupchon because he wouldn't admit. so its also realistic that courthouses rarely fix corruptian at all, suckerz. Ya 4 realism! So don't you dare think that the civ team is changing thar corruption because they admit it's broken, they'll probably just do it because of your snivelling! SO thanks for changing realism, babies
Old November 14, 2001, 06:14   #41
Zylka
King

OK AND also 4 tha civ3 diplomacy, when you guys said it sucks and is broken??? I know that u didn't mean how it had incredibly serious flaws such as the 1,000,000g bug but what u really meant was that it is too hardf too win cuz remember u just want to win so easily?@%$@!# So iff you even really meant that it is broken because of serious bugs and logistics flaws then who cars because u don't haff to use them!! It's not like the very fact that serious bugs such as this cheapen the whole game and point to the fact that they have missed many more smallR game concepts to bugs because of how blatantly retarded these ones are!!!! ARRGHHHH what you guys is basically doing is complaining for the readon just 2 complain, yeah we have it all figured out U guys are just complaining cuz u need things to ***** about like just look at all of the trivial tings I haff just listeed
Old November 14, 2001, 06:28   #42
Zylka
King

One question I honestly want answered from you all:

You justify every little problem with this game that we "b*tch" and moan about, that there is a reason it is that way, and that we shouldn't complain of anything. On the one hand, you argue that the serious bugs are to be expected in a game this size, and will eventually be fixed - fair enough. On the other, you 100% back up crippled game aspects such as corruption, culture, the poor editor, etc. When the next patch comes out, and these aspects are changed according to the b*tchers complaints - what will you do? Will you download it, in complete defiance and contradiction of your current arguments? How will you react when firaxis officially acknowledges and addresses our complaints in patch form?
Old November 14, 2001, 06:49   #43
LaRusso
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Zylka
One question I honestly want answered from you all:

You justify every little problem with this game that we "b*tch" and moan about, that there is a reason it is that way, and that we shouldn't complain of anything. On the one hand, you argue that the serious bugs are to be expected in a game this size, and will eventually be fixed - fair enough. On the other, you 100% back up crippled game aspects such as corruption, culture, the poor editor, etc. When the next patch comes out, and these aspects are changed according to the b*tchers complaints - what will you do? Will you download it, in complete defiance and contradiction of your current arguments? How will you react when firaxis officially acknowledges and addresses our complaints in patch form?
i do not care about editor and have not open it yet
i think corruption can use some tweaks when it comes to takeover. but you can still raze grozny-size cities
corruption is okay with me. i play quite well with it
if they 'tweak' corruption a LOT i will not like it. i will moan and flood forums and you will have to defend ) corruption then.

by the way, you either had too much coffee or forgot to take your pills. i have never seen such a prolific writing spree here....
You are so anti-america that having a conversation with you would be poinless. You may or maynot feel you are an enemy of the United States, I don't care either way. However if I still worked for the Goverment I would turn over your e-mail address to my bosses and what ever happen, happens.
Old November 14, 2001, 06:53   #44
Zylka
King

It's called copy and paste. Highlight and right click an old message you have typed up, choose copy, start new reply in said thread, etc. etc.
Old November 14, 2001, 06:55   #45
LaRusso
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Zylka
It's called copy and paste.
you mean spamming
Old November 14, 2001, 06:57   #46
Robert Plomp
admin
DiploGamesBtS Tri-LeaguePolyCast TeamC4WDG Team Apolyton
Administrator

Zylka,

save yourself time, instead of copying and pasting that message into every thread, just make it your signature
Old November 14, 2001, 06:58   #47
Dev
Warlord

Quote:
i do not care about editor and have not open it yet
ahh yes ME FIRST. I don't use it so quit whining about it......

Quote:
i think corruption can use some tweaks when it comes to takeover. but you can still raze grozny-size cities
corruption is okay with me. i play quite well with it
if they 'tweak' corruption a LOT i will not like it. i will moan and flood forums and you will have to defend ) corruption then.
ahh yes more ME FIRST, I like so why fix?

Dude we're not asking them to tweak it, we're asking for PLAYER adjustable corruption so that you and me both can set it at the level we prefer.

Quote:
by the way, you either had too much coffee or forgot to take your pills. i have never seen such a prolific writing spree here....
Did you skip class when they taught irony ?

/dev
Old November 14, 2001, 06:59   #48
Zylka
King

Quote:
you mean spamming
Uh, oh! Sumbudy bettAR go call MarkG!!!#@$!@ Net nanny found Zylka to be spamming
By the way, I changed each message slightly so it's my opinion 2.0.

Thanks for coming out.
Old November 14, 2001, 07:06   #49
MarkG
Apolytoners Hall of FameApolyCon 06 Participants
Apolyton CS Co-Founder

lets try to be a bit more gentle shall we?