Old November 13, 2001, 11:45   #1
Echo
Settler

Local Time: 11:42
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Tanks and ZOC
I think I figured something out. Manual states that tanks get free attacks (new ZOC concept) on units moving nearby. This doesn't work if your tank is fortified. (makes sense).

Your tank must be un-fortified to enjoy this benefit.
Old November 13, 2001, 12:34   #2
Grumbold
Emperor

Local Time: 17:42
You may be right that it works that way but it is not sensible to deny the right to fortified units. Who wouldn't dig in when there is nothing else to do? Depending on how you define the fortified state you might force units back to unfortified after having made an opportunity attack.
Old November 13, 2001, 12:35   #3
LaRusso
King

Local Time: 18:42
grumbold is correct. fortified tank is akin to an artillery piece. a la kursk battle....
You are so anti-america that having a conversation with you would be poinless. You may or maynot feel you are an enemy of the United States, I don't care either way. However if I still worked for the Goverment I would turn over your e-mail address to my bosses and what ever happen, happens.
Old November 13, 2001, 12:51   #4
General Ludd
NationStates
Emperor

Local Time: 16:42
If that's the case, it's a pain in the ass to have to skip turn for each of your tanks guarding a passage way every turn.
Old November 13, 2001, 12:52   #5
Sixty_four
Settler

Think I figured something else out about tanks: tanks supposedly get 2 attacks per round, but I think it's only when the tank hasn't moved AT ALL except on railroads. If the move value for said tank still says 2/2, you get two attacks.

Having said that, I still recall times when my tanks were parked outside an enemy city and didn't get two attacks.

Can anyone confirm/deny?
Old November 13, 2001, 12:54   #6
General Ludd
NationStates
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Sixty_four

Having said that, I still recall times when my tanks were parked outside an enemy city and didn't get two attacks.
If there was a stack of units, it takes one move to attack, then one move to retreat after killing the first unit.
Old November 13, 2001, 13:02   #7
Leonidas
King

No opportunity attacks while fortified?

I hope this is fixed in the patch. I couldn't imagine having to click on the spacebar for all those units, on every turn. . .
Old November 13, 2001, 13:49   #8
Kc7mxo
King

Local Time: 11:42
Hmmm. And while we're near the topic, why did they remove the sentry command. I used this a lot! I find its absence disapointing.
Old November 13, 2001, 14:25   #9
optimus2861
Chieftain

Local Time: 12:42
Quote:
Originally posted by Kc7mxo
Hmmm. And while we're near the topic, why did they remove the sentry command. I used this a lot! I find its absence disapointing.
I second that! In my current game, I just captured a Persian city that had 2 settlers and something like 4 workers inside it, and since there's little happiness-control facilities in the city yet, I'm stuck with 8 units that I really can't do anything with - at least with an army you can fortify it. That "S" button would've come in sooooo handy.
"If you doubt that an infinite number of monkeys at an infinite number of typewriters would eventually produce the combined works of Shakespeare, consider: it only took 30 billion monkeys and no typewriters." - Unknown
Old November 13, 2001, 14:42   #10
Yohan
Chieftain

You can press the 'F' key to "fortify" workers inside cities. I've done so many times. It's basically the equivalent of setting them on sentry, since they have no defense points.