Old November 15, 2001, 18:50   #31
n.c.
Emperor

Local Time: 11:49
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Glad to see I'm not alone.

How much of the difference is Brian Reynolds?
Old November 15, 2001, 19:05   #32
Turnipshooter
Settler

Local Time: 16:49
Your crazy saying CIV 3 AI is good. SMAC AI is far superior in everyway. You can edit the AI personality to a pin point in SMAC.

Theres about 30 different things you can do....make AI friendly to player, other AI or backstaber...use atrocitys,wont use...militaristic,economic,expansionist,builder.. .the list gos on.

Once you figure out the AI in Civ 3 thats it...there all the same every time

Theres about 100 variations for each shell of a unit and alot make drasticly differnt units

Units in ciz 3 are just wee upgrades to older units...no real special abilitys.

Civ 3 has about 40 different units...SMAC has about 500 different

You know i was wrong to think CIV 3 would be an upgrade to SMAC and MOO.. When i look back in the day CIV was a simplistic game.. This is a little bit of an improvment of the first and thats good.. The games decent but i have been spoiled by playing such a superior game design that is SMAC...

Will they make real good games ever again?...every game i buy from this industry is realy $h1t games..the only games that ever got my intrest for over a month were ....MOO, Romance of the Three Kingdoms (for the original nintendo...all other versions sucked), SMAC, Everquest, Baldurs gate and the Fallout series (save the last Fallout game to be released).

MOO,SMAC and ROtK i have played for so many years and they are still fun...
Old November 15, 2001, 19:23   #33
TCO
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 06:49
Quote:
Originally posted by yin26
I also find the government choices too limited, Jeje. All in all, it looks like Civ3 is about 1/2 to 3/4 of the game they wanted it to be. It's so evident that Firaxis basically had to give an order: 'Alright! Anything not already in the game ... and serveral things you are working on now ... need to be forgotten! Our one and only goal at this point is to provide the basic game by the end of October. If it sells, we try to add back in some stuff. If it flops, we suck it up and try for a comeback on the next title.'

All the while, staff was hired for Sim Golf. It's like a bad soap opera.
Sounds like the right move from a business perspective. Getting Xmas sales is huge. Way to go, Sid!!