Old November 15, 2001, 04:27   #1
Pompey
Settler

Local Time: 01:50
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Wonders and Other Modifications
I was very dissapointed with many of the aspects of Civ3. They could have learnt much from Call to Power 2 (CTP2) in terms of historic details and concepts but the world is not a perfect place so once again it is up to us to fix yet another game. The diplomacy is superb in Civ3 but they should have spent and equal amount of time on other concepts as well....

Some of the biggest problems with Civ3 are the wonders, the amount of civs (not enough) and the units. Many of these are already under modification by the Civ3 fans. I just thought it ardent to add a few more suggestions to this ever increasing forum.

First of all the Seti Wonder must go. Who ever heard of the search for extra-terrestial life doubling a nations science???!!!
Instead it should be the Internet which as we all know has (and potentially can) increase science rates through its dissemination of information. The Internet wonder furthermore can add gold to a nations treasury as it expands commerce (the now famous e-commerce).

Secondly, the Cure for Cancer Wonder must go. Seeing as Civ3 remains in the modern era (another problem - something CTP2 is far ahead of in) then how is it viable for a Cure for cancer Wonder to exist? This should become something along the lines of the Olympic Games or some other happiness booster. The Olympics have added both wealth to the host city and happiness in the form of sport competition.

Thirdly, the colloseum shold go also. This building in its early manifestation was restricted to the Romans. The later manifestation is okay (sport stadium) but that doesn't solve the coloseum issue (imagine the Chinese with a Roman coloseum!!!???) I propose this building become a theatre which every civilisation had and which is proven to expand both culture and happiness. The Coloseum was used for blood-sports which although amusing to some was frowned on by more enlightened civs. The theatre is a much better improvement.

Fourthly, the cathedral is purely a Christian place of worship. This could easily be renamed Place of Worship (which sounds terrible I know but what can we do?). A Mosque, synagogue, pagoda complex and so on would be great but I can't see how we can add so many improvements.

Okay, that's all for now. I will have more to say soon (I'm in a hurry now). Please post any suggestions you may have. It would be great to see this game materialise finally...the ultimate Civ game....here's to hoping.

(Ps I have made the above modifications and enjoy the game alot more).

Stay tuned more to come....