Old November 15, 2001, 13:33   #1
Ecthy
Civilization II MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of FameSpanish Civers
Emperor

Local Time: 18:51
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Which wonder of the world makes the Golden Age of a scientific/militaristic civ start
Now I want to know which wonder the Germans have to build to get their Golden Age.

People keep on telling me I shouldn't worry about the Panzer being the UU since there are other ways... but it seems there's no wodner with a European history that might be a good Golden Age starter for Germans... so Panzer tanks it is

Oh, now I must admit... never was Germany more golden than when it killed millions of Jewish children and women in concentration camps... good work, Firaxis!
Old November 15, 2001, 13:54   #2
Ecthy
Civilization II MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of FameSpanish Civers
Emperor

Local Time: 18:51
http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...894#post604789
Old November 15, 2001, 19:01   #3
Faboba
King

Local Time: 16:51
Location: Scotland. I can't be more specific else they'll find me.
Ecthelion - I didn't expect I'd ever have to defend Germany to a German but chill out and look around. Germany is at the forefront of the modern age. The reason for this is because of the horrendus ammounts of rebuilding which had to be done after the war - a tribute to the hard working German people who rebuilt something beautiful from the ruins of war ( OK East Germany still looks a bit grey, but you know what I mean. )

Germany's current modern age WAS triggered by the war. But not by what happened DURING it. It's what happened AFTER it which made Germany one of the most advanced and modern countries in the world.

And before you get all worked up about the halucast, try to remember these people were starving, were dying. Hitler helped pull them back from that and then said - it was these guys fault, take your anger out on them. They were desperate people abusing a scapegoat - yes it was heniously wrong, but these things happen.