Old November 15, 2001, 20:05   #1
aaaaaack
Settler

Local Time: 11:53
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Reviews? What reviews?
Is anyone else looking at some of these reviews of Civ3? The reviewers are giving excellent ratings.

This is making me wonder about the impartiality and/or competence of many reviewers. They say fantastic things about Civ3 with little or, often, no comment on the problems. So either they are not playing the game or they are unable to write even mild reviews about a large game release. Hmm.... I wonder if they are chasing the Infogame advertising dollars. Hey if Sony can create fictional reviewers for their movies, why can't game makers buy some...

I could understand a handful of reviewers who love the game, but by the number of articles posted it seems like 99% of them think this is one of the best games ever.

Personally, I agree with what many of you have said. I stopped playing Civ3 about a week after I got it. Hopefully there will be some patches coming in the future, because this game has some great potential.

Old November 15, 2001, 20:07   #2
Dis
ACDG3 SpartansC4DG Vox
Deity

Local Time: 09:53
these reviewers are just average gamers. They aren't hardcore civ fanatics that nitpick every little detail. I'm not saying this is a bad thing- this is how problems get fixed.

but more reviewers don't know enough about civ to find these problems.

P.S. I haven't stopped playing civ3 because this game kicks ass. Yes there are problems, and when they are corrected, I will play even more- if that is possible. So critisizing the game is a good thing, it will motivate them to make the patches.
Old November 15, 2001, 20:21   #3
Bubba_B
Warlord

Local Time: 11:53
Name Means Alot.....
I think besides lack of real gameplay that the good reviews are based on the name.
Don't get me wrong this is a good game but.........
Its just not really a 90% or better game

No multiplayer, no senarios, a few really annoying bugs

Yeah I agree these reviewers are just not hardcore gamers. They do it for a living not for fun.
Old November 15, 2001, 20:27   #4
EnochF
Prince

Local Time: 08:53
Most gamers have a certain playing style, where they like taking on superior forces using clever strategies. And Civ 3, as is, lends itself to that kind of gaming. So most reviewers go into this game with the "right" attitude and have a lot of fun.
Old November 15, 2001, 20:43   #5
Dis
ACDG3 SpartansC4DG Vox
Deity

Local Time: 09:53
I actually give this game about a 90%. It would be a 95% if it had the editor/map making feature- and obvious bugs fixed. A 97% if it had multiplayer. Civ2 didnt' have multiplayer and I rate it at 98%.