Old November 16, 2001, 03:36   #1
brianshapiro
Warlord

Local Time: 08:54
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Typical Civ3 Argument
I'm very pissed and am thinking about returning the game--what a waste of money: the only thing allowing me to distinguish the pictures of happy and unhappy citizens is their facial expression, leaving it more difficult for me to casually count the ratios. Thank you, Sid Meier.
--poster 1

What are you stupid? That its not easy to differentiate by first glance the happiness and unhappiness of citizens is just REALISTIC. In real life, its not easy to tell how many happy and unhappy citizens there are.
--poster 2

Realistic? Is it realistic that regular spearmen can theoretically defeat twenty armies of elite tanks in one turn?
--poster3

You're just an apologist for Sid Meier.. he probably had the citizens more difficult to read intentionally: so that Firaxis could release a patch with new citizen graphics to earn more $$$$.
--poster1

poster3: Of course, its theoretically possible that all twenty armies have tanks that are poorly designed and malfunctioning. Just not likely, but then its also not likely in the game. poster1: oh, come on, you whiner. You just don't like the citizen graphics because they're different from those in Civ2; you didn't expect them to be like this, and have to readjust your way of looking at the city screen.
--poster2

Suggestion: 1. there should be a statistic for units giving what era they were created in, so as to give units with more developed technology a greater advantage. 2. but, technologically backwards units can defeat advanced ones when their materials and material quality are better, so there should be an added stat for this to weigh for advantage. this would depend on the number of running factories in cities, and the degree to which they've been maintained and paid for. poorly running factories, due to neglect, would add to lower material quality. 3. however, morale from cultural cohesion should also offset this, a less advanced society with a driven culture would be able to defeat technologically superior units easier. 4. Though, more developed cultures have an added momentum to such cultural cohesion, so there should be a an ARCC rating (Acceleration Rate of Cultural Cohesion), and one attatched to each unit---because units created at a prior time might still belong to a subculture with alliegance to the social structures that have passed. In this way, older units are less likely to develop towards greater cohesion. 5. However, at the same time, older units are likely to have more cohesion, making it necessary to have a NCC (Norm of Cultural Cohesion) rating.
--poster4

poster4: Man, you're brilliant! Firaxis should hire you as a game designer. Have you ever thought of applying for a job there?
--poster3

That Firaxis didn't think of these things poster4 mentioned demonstrates how bad the Civ3 design is. What was released is like a poor beta version that has all of the prior good features pared down and no added good features. Damn you, Sid Meier, I wasted 1/25 of my weekly salary to fulfill your greed.
--poster1

Gawd, Joan of Arc is HAWT.
--poster5

You idiots Sid Meier is God, and everyone except a few infidels like you realize that.
--poster 6

poster6: you're the idiot. This game sux. I'm not winning any games, whereas I won every game I played in Civ1 and Civ2 easily.
--poster5
Old November 16, 2001, 03:46   #2
Dis
ACDG3 SpartansC4DG Vox
Deity

Local Time: 09:54
lol

you got it exactly. It really doesn't matter what name is saying what, it all sounds the same to me

count me thinking joan of arc is hot, or hawt!!
Old November 16, 2001, 03:53   #3
Bubba_B
Warlord

Local Time: 11:54

*Drool* Joan of Arch

A wise man once said "If if's and but's were candy and nuts it would be christmas everyday"

Next Poster--- But realisticly words can't become physical things....yada yada yada
Old November 16, 2001, 04:03   #4
Yook
Chieftain

Local Time: 08:54
*laughs for a while*

That was funny. And exactly what I needed to see on this forum as I head off to bed. Thanks.

-Yook

-------

You know, I'm still sitting here thinking, "Oh, c'mon. Just one more turn." That's got to count for something.
Old November 16, 2001, 14:41   #5
TCO
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 06:54
Funny as hell. This will amuse everybody. A funnier and (slightly) more even-handed version of Velo's comedy thread...
Old November 16, 2001, 14:47   #6
zapperio
Warlord

Local Time: 16:54

Excellent! Good show.

Saaay... she's kinda hot isn't she?

Zap
Old November 16, 2001, 15:06   #7
kmj
Prince

nice; now we can have a meta-argument, too. We can argue about argument trends and the tendencies towards certain arguments with respect to desired results.

Old November 16, 2001, 19:05   #8
n.c.
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by GP
A funnier and (slightly) more even-handed version of Velo's comedy thread...
That's like saying the judge if slightly less biased than the prosecutor.
Old November 16, 2001, 19:17   #9
PMLF
Warlord

Very funny!! Very good topic!
Old November 16, 2001, 20:00   #10
Bubba_B
Warlord

Noobie Question??
Does n.c. have a sense of humor???
Old November 16, 2001, 22:39   #11
TCO
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 06:54
Quote:
Originally posted by n.c.
That's like saying the judge if slightly less biased than the prosecutor.
He is. The judge has to worry about both sides, whereas the prosecuter can't try to convict an innocent man. And of course the defense attorney is a whore.
Old November 17, 2001, 06:10   #12
Zylka
Civilization II MultiplayerDiploGamesApolytoners Hall of Fame
King

Not quite, but nice try
Old November 17, 2001, 10:35   #13
TheHobbit
Chieftain

Local Time: 10:54
very funny!
They need more posts like this for more laughs!