Old November 16, 2001, 11:56   #1
Apolex
Warlord

Local Time: 11:55
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Chewbacca Bowmen
I just saw an AI longbowmen unit take out 3 riflemen units in 3 turns. The only thing I can figure is that they were using those laser crossbows like the one Chewbacca had in Star Wars. Upon inspecting the unit closely, I did not notice any growling or excess hair, so I don't know what happened.
Old November 16, 2001, 12:09   #2
Velociryx
staff
PtWDG Gathering StormApolytoners Hall of FameC4DG Gathering StormThe Courts of Candle'Bre

Local Time: 16:55
LOL! The Chewbacca image rules, dude!

I have a question tho....

If you had three riflemen in range, why didn't you just attack the Longbowman when it was your turn!? His one defense would have meant a quick death and saved you two riflemen!

Or....why not ride a cav unit out before you lost the first Rifleman and spare yourself the trouble?

-=Vel=-
The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.
Old November 17, 2001, 11:27   #3
Apolex
Warlord

Oh, no the Chewy unit didn't kill the riflemen on 3 consecutive turns...just 3 different turns. And they weren't mine... I saw the AI lose these three as they walked by the other AI's fortified longbowman on a hill.

LOL on the 3rd rifleman, instead of the bowman making that drawing and twanging sound, I half expected to hear it go "RRRooowwwRR....*laser blast*, *laser blast*"! And then hear Elizabeth say, "Will somebody get this walking carpet out of my way?!?" PS does the domestic advisor look like Princess Leah to anyone else? hehe
Old November 17, 2001, 21:51   #4
Ludwig
Chieftain

Local Time: 16:55
Are you sure there was just one longbowman? A single fortified longbowman shouldn't get enough ZOC attacks on a moving unit to actually kill it. Damage it, sure, but not kill it. Maybe two or three would get enough attacks cumulatively to kill, though.
Old November 17, 2001, 22:13   #5
DarkMatter
Chieftain

Local Time: 10:55
This is kinda OT, but only partially. So I'm at war with the chinese. I'm in the modern age, they're in the industrial age (up to steel/refining) and they still have longbowmen. Huh? Not only that, but they must be the same laser bows that apolex was talking about. They attacked my tank and I found arrows sticking out of the armor plating! Some arrows those are.

(edit: I just found sword marks on that same tank becuase apparently the driver decided not to blast the swordsman from way far away, and missing that, decided not to run over the swordsman).

As soon as men decide that all means are permitted to fight an evil, then their good becomes indistinguishable from the evil that they set out to destroy.
-Christopher Dawson, The Judgment of Nations, 1942

Last edited by DarkMatter; November 18, 2001 at 04:31.
Old November 18, 2001, 00:19   #6
vee4473
King

That was the funniest post I have ever seen in here!

Civ seems to be notorious for having primitive units destroying advanced ones.

HAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!

Great post