Old November 18, 2001, 05:21   #1
tmarcl
Warlord

Local Time: 12:01
Local Date: October 31, 2010
A new addition to the money cheat.
I was playing a pretty good game today. I had run out of oil and decided to convince Cathy to share some with me. Of course, being the stubbourn woman she is, she disagreed, and I had to take four of her cities instead of three.

Being in a somewhat weird mood, I decided to save the game before giving Cathy a chance to grovel for mercy, and when she did, I informed her that she could have peace on the following conditions:

Peace Treaty
All her gold
999999999 Gold per turn.

Hell, why not. She accepted, and I was richer.

A couple of turns later, Uranium appears near one of Cathy's cities. Oddly enough, it was a city I almost went for during our last disagreement, but I stopped short to avoid war weariness ( I was playing a democracy). I didn't really feel like fighting her at that point, so I called her up and asked her what she'd need for the city.

Not happenin', she said. So I gave her another offer. 1 billion gold in exchange for her city.

My foreign advisor informed me that the deal would work, so I decided to go for it, and see how many cities she'd give me for 1 billion gold.

She gave me her entire empire (about 20 cities-minus Moscow, of course) for the entire billion.

Needless to say, I decided to buy out everyone else. The lowest price I got was Rome for 2 million-though Joan sold out for 3.5. Otto was the worst-he insisted on 300 million.

When everyone finished moving their troops out of my newly claimed territory (about ten minutes later), I quit the game.

Marc
Old November 18, 2001, 23:59   #2
Rasputin
lifer
DiploGamesThe Courts of Candle'Bre
Deity

Local Time: 03:01
Local Date: November 1, 2010
thats an incredible bug.... I guess they had to make bugs in game to let some people win who couldnt without them !!!!
GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71
Old November 19, 2001, 17:31   #3
tmarcl
Warlord

Local Time: 12:01
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Rasputin
thats an incredible bug.... I guess they had to make bugs in game to let some people win who couldnt without them !!!!

Well good, I'm glad you've been able to win a few games now. Civ3 can a tough game, I admit, so don't feel bad about *having* to use these bugs, as opposed to using them just for the hell of it from time to time.

P.S. After I played with the bug, I reloaded the game and finished it.

Marc