Old November 18, 2001, 12:36   #1
Venger
King

Local Time: 11:01
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Is the Goto City option really Gone???!?!?!?!
I cannot find it documented ANYWHERE! I have tried everything, and the only conclusion I have is that they simply left it out? Thanks Firaxis, the game doesn't take long enough already, we need to manually move and scroll all over the map to move our piles of units and workers...

PLEASE tell me I'm wrong. This is grievous. I have a jump off point for transporting units to the soontobemyslavesAztec continent and I have to click the unit, scroll the map, and go to, then scroll back, and click a unit, and go to. Come on!

Gamplay testing PLEASE!!!

Venger
P.S. Thinking of adding Civ3 - Where You Are The Betatester as my sig...
Old November 18, 2001, 12:45   #2
adaMada
Civilization III Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersPtWDG RoleplayRise of Nations MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 12:01
I think you just use the regular goto square command, and select a city as where the unit should goto... it's not that bad...

-- adaMada
Old November 18, 2001, 13:50   #3
Grunthex
Warlord

Local Time: 10:01
Civ 3 Manual. Came with your game. Page 199, hotkeys. Near the bottom. Go To City. Ctrl-Shift-G.
Old November 18, 2001, 14:32   #4
Venger
King

Hooray!
Quote:
Originally posted by Grunthex
Civ 3 Manual. Came with your game. Page 199, hotkeys. Near the bottom. Go To City. Ctrl-Shift-G.
THANK YOU!!!!! I stupidly had looked under Unit Orders, instead of the obvious "Game Stuff" section...

I had originally tried Shift-G only to panickedly see the Revolution command come up (!?!?!). I'd have preferred the more obtuse revolution command require the ambidextrous Ctrl-Shift-G command...

Thanks again...

Venger
Old November 18, 2001, 14:38   #5
Venger
King

Quote:
Originally posted by adaMada
I think you just use the regular goto square command, and select a city as where the unit should goto... it's not that bad...
Maybe not for your piddling country, but I own an entire continent and am in the middle of acquiring another. Moving a stack of workers from my southern border to clean pollution in a northern area require me to click the unit, scroll all the way up the map, then scroll back down, click the unit, scroll all the way up the map. So yes, it IS that bad. But someone gave me a useful, productive response, and now I have a solution.

Venger
Old November 18, 2001, 14:45   #6
Grunthex
Warlord

Local Time: 10:01
Yeah, I agree the combos are backwards. The revolution via the advisor is fine, and for how often you use it, that should be the Ctrl-Shift option. Goto city is far too useful.
Old November 18, 2001, 15:46   #7
adaMada
Civilization III Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersPtWDG RoleplayRise of Nations MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Venger

Maybe not for your piddling country, but I own an entire continent and am in the middle of acquiring another. Moving a stack of workers from my southern border to clean pollution in a northern area require me to click the unit, scroll all the way up the map, then scroll back down, click the unit, scroll all the way up the map. So yes, it IS that bad. But someone gave me a useful, productive response, and now I have a solution.

Venger
My mistake -- I didn't know that there was a goto city command (until now). Thanks to Grunthex!

-- adaMada
Old November 18, 2001, 15:54   #8
adaMada
King

Posted that question/answer in The CIV3-GENERAL FAQ: COMMON QUESTIONS/COMPLAINTS/ARGUMENTS and their ANSWERS to hopefully help everyone else (like me) who didn't know it's there .

-- adaMada