Old November 19, 2001, 12:44   #1
klesh
King

Local Time: 13:05
Local Date: October 31, 2010
'Scen.txt' and Resolution
Hey all,

I have my monitor set to 1024x768. But i have always had problems in viewing intro texts in the scenname.txt file. An excellent example of this is in Nemo's Blitz scen, I see neither the actual title (at top) nor do I see the 'ok' or 'cancel' buttons at the bottom. The text goes way beyond the upper and lower limits of my screen. Same deal with RedFront.

Now, does this have to do with my resolution? I looked at a screenshot of my Stalingrad.txt on someone else computer (who is using the same screen resolution), but they have no problems. I cannot attatch images of this issue, because they are far to big for the 600 pixel width limit here for images at 'poly.

I tried to look where to change Civ's resolution ingame, but no dice. So I dont know what it is that is making my intro texts be all super sized. I even changed the '@width' inside the Stalingrad.txt.... to no avail. Apparently @width=550 is the smallest it will go.

Does anyone else have this problem? Any ideas for solutions? It might also be of note to add that whenever I open CivII I have to zoom out 2 times for it to be on the proper default zoom. Is my resolution to blame?

-FMK.
Old November 19, 2001, 13:49   #2
Stefan Härtel
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-Creation
King

Local Time: 18:05
This could be too basic, but who knows... could be your general monitor settings... have you tried going into windows properties, and then "settings"? Which windows version do you use?
That's all I could do to help you...
Old November 19, 2001, 13:58   #3
Jimmywax
Scenario League / Civ2-Creation
Prince

Local Time: 11:05
I have the same problem but haven't the foggiest idea on how to fix it.
Old November 19, 2001, 17:42   #4
Mercator
Scenario League / Civ2-Creation
Emperor

Local Time: 19:05
I think the higher resolution uses a larger font (I have the problem too). It´s probably just as standard as the higher standard zoom level, and larger window borders and city screen etc.
Maybe Julius Brenzaida can play around with the executable and change the settings for 1024x768 to those from 800x600 or something. I´ve tried that once upon a time, without luck.

Another way to achieve your goal, change your screen resolution to 800x600, start up civ2 and change back to 1024x768.
Old November 19, 2001, 19:04   #5
klesh
King

Local Time: 13:05
Wow, thats too bad. I guess it is the resolution, cause once I switched it to 800x600 it did make things a little better. Unfortunately I simply cannot dig having all my desktop icons thrown about when I change my resolution (I keep alot on the desktop). I guess it is a moot point, because you can easily click the 'ok' button by just simply hitting enter. It is an odd thing though, probably not something that Julius is willing to take up (if it is even possible) because it is such a small thing to have to fix in that manner. Oh well, back to it. But in better news, I managed to figure out (by simply asking Henrik to do it ) how to get a unit pic in the intro text screen.
  • Unit must be on the side of the Civ that moves first.
  • Civ that moves first must be set as the 'protagonist' of the scen.
  • Unit to be displayed must be the one that is selected to move first, on the side of the protagonists, of course.

Here we see the Red Guard Sniper at the start of Stalingrad!

-FMK.
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	intro.gif
Views:	39
Size:	49.9 KB
ID:	6198