Old November 19, 2001, 20:27   #1
Alexander's Horse
Civilization II MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of Fame
Deity

Local Time: 03:07
Local Date: November 1, 2010
ni!
I found if you raze cities and enslave the inhabitants you soon end up with lots and lots of workers and soon every tile is improved in your homeland cities. I'm not sure if improving tiles outside the city radius does anything, seems not unless you can build a colony, but I did experiment a bit with that i.e. like more direct road routes. You can use roads to block tresspassers though if its within your cultural border - though not all!

One thing I noticed is the ai mines every grassland square it can't irrigate so I've started doing that. But in the end I just have teams of workers (3 or 4) planting forests, harvesting them and then planting them again, say one square per city. Its tedious but the cash adds up.

Oh yeah! You also need to guard workers from barbs!

If anyone has better ideas I'd like to hear them.

Also I noticed on the population roster of captured cities you end you end up with a mixed population of your own citizens and those of the subjugated nation. Maybe over time the chances of defection decrease as your own population increases? (provided you build the happy improvements) I haven't got my head around the "resistor" concept yet either.

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?
Old November 19, 2001, 20:32   #2
Alexander's Horse
Civilization II MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of Fame
Deity

Local Time: 03:07
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Sorry, please close this thread - it was actually meant to be a reply to the other thread and I've already transferred the text.

Thanks

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?