Old November 20, 2001, 06:29   #1
Archmage
Chieftain

Local Time: 11:09
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Cultural Victory...In THIRD Place....!
I was playing as the Persians on Chieftain (Dont laugh) and I was in third place. My neighbors the French and the Egyptians far to the south had MUCH higher scores than me. I did seem to be SLIGHTLY more advanced than the French...not really sure about Egypt's technology. I also had built every Wonder but one.

All of a sudden, with no warning, this box pops up saying "You Have Won a Cultural Victory!"

WTF! I'll take a win here and it's cool to win in a new way but sheesh! I wasn't really winning IMO...
Old November 20, 2001, 06:45   #2
Kekkonen
Warlord

Local Time: 19:09
You pretty much answered your own question there. You built almost every wonder around, and the wonders all produce culture each turn. Together, they'll produce a MASSIVE amount of culture.

As for the overall score, culture is just one part of it. If the Egyptians have a huge empire, they'll be ahead of you simply because you get points for population. Just last night, I won a Space Race victory, but only finished third in overall score because my empire was the smallest surviving one in the end.
Old November 20, 2001, 06:48   #3
Archmage
Chieftain

Local Time: 11:09
Quote:
Originally posted by Kekkonen
You pretty much answered your own question there. You built almost every wonder around, and the wonders all produce culture each turn. Together, they'll produce a MASSIVE amount of culture.

As for the overall score, culture is just one part of it. If the Egyptians have a huge empire, they'll be ahead of you simply because you get points for population. Just last night, I won a Space Race victory, but only finished third in overall score because my empire was the smallest surviving one in the end.
So I guess the thing to remember is that the score is only worthwhile for Rank victories and other than that should be ignored...
Old November 20, 2001, 06:55   #4
Kekkonen
Warlord

Local Time: 19:09
Rank victories AND BOASTING. Don't forget that.
Old November 20, 2001, 07:00   #5
Dis
ACDG3 SpartansC4DG Vox
Deity

Local Time: 10:09
go to cultural advisor screen

if your total cultural output reaches 100,000 (with at least twice the lead over the next runner up) or your best city has a cultural output of over 20,000 you win.